Sigma 150-600mm

R

rwc101

It seems like a few people on the forum have a Sigma 150-600mm lens or the older 150-500mm version. I am hoping to get feedback on the lens and whether or not owners think the price and weight would be worth it for a very amateur photographer with a 75-300mm lens.

I had one of the sport models when it first came out. It was incredible for the money. But yes, very heavy. I never used it in the field due to the size. But the photos were excellent. Comparable to my in law's 300mm L with the 2x extender.

I'm thinking my long Sigma is a 170-500. Nice lens and I've got some good photo's with it but don't use it a lot. To be sure you get good shot's it really need's a decent tripod! I have a 55-300 Nikon lens I use much more. Gave what I think was my best lens to the grand daughter. Think it was an 18-140 Nikon. Mostly now, I use an 18-200 Tamron, does a good job. On the long Sigma, I'm not sure it gains much over say a 75-300 lens that a pure amateur can use, I know mine doesn't gain enough to be worth the trouble using it. I did use it to shoot bird's on my front deck on a tripod and got some nice photo's with it.

It seems like a few people on the forum have a Sigma 150-600mm lens or the older 150-500mm version. I am hoping to get feedback on the lens and whether or not owners think the price and weight would be worth it for a very amateur photographer with a 75-300mm lens.

I have an ancient 135-400 Sigma and it's a decent lens for the price. The new ones are likely better qualiy glass & if it has VR glass then I wouldn't hesitate to try it out.

Here's a few shots with my lens from 2.5 years ago in Jellystone:

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back