PEAX Equipment

SG sales

Aussie_hunter_JD

G'day,

I've been spending more time researching packs than I'd like and ended up deciding to go with a SG sky 5900.

The whole thing of packs not coming with lids, bladder sleeves, pouches, rifle slings and rain covers makes as much sense to me as selling a new car without an engine but that's another story.

The issue I'm having is that these packs are killers when converted to Aussie dollars, this one hovers around the $1000 mark and when you hit that threshold you have to pay tax in Australia on top.

Just wondering does anyone know of places that sell them that have annual sales? E.g. around Xmas or other holidays where i might be able to shave some coin off the total?

Appreciate any advice.

I don’t think code RANDY gets you 10% off SG stuff at gohunt but if you call blackovis customer service and tell them it does they might give it to you over there.

Can you split your purchase to keep it under &1k between 2020 and 2021 to have separate tax years?

Can you split your purchase to keep it under &1k between 2020 and 2021 to have separate tax years?
Our tax years run July through end June, but it's more about being in the one purchase as opposed to financial year. You could split it but then I'm paying double postage and postage on large items isn't cheap to Aus.

The vast majority of their retailers don’t have an online presence. I’d probably go used personally.
I try to keep an eye out on here but they don't come up too often. High end second hand American packs don't really exist in Australia because its such a pain to get them here when people do they keep them. We have Australian and NZ brands, all made in China and nothing with external meat shelves

I try to keep an eye out on here but they don't come up too often. High end second hand American packs don't really exist in Australia because its such a pain to get them here when people do they keep them. We have Australian and NZ brands, all made in China and nothing with external meat shelves
If you’re not a member of Rokslide I would watch there. There is far more classified volume and SG, Kifaru, Exo, MR all come through pretty often.

If you’re not a member of Rokslide I would watch there. There is far more classified volume and SG, Kifaru, Exo, MR all come through pretty often.

X2 for keeping an eye on Rokslide. I ended up buying my SG solo new cause I wanted the differentially cut spotter pocket. Got it through goHunt for 10% off and free shipping offer. not a huge savings.

Our tax years run July through end June, but it's more about being in the one purchase as opposed to financial year. You could split it but then I'm paying double postage and postage on large items isn't cheap to Aus.
You could try emailing them and seeing if they will just charge your card twice for 1/2 the amount each them.

G'day,

I've been spending more time researching packs than I'd like and ended up deciding to go with a SG sky 5900.

The whole thing of packs not coming with lids, bladder sleeves, pouches, rifle slings and rain covers makes as much sense to me as selling a new car without an engine but that's another story.

The issue I'm having is that these packs are killers when converted to Aussie dollars, this one hovers around the $1000 mark and when you hit that threshold you have to pay tax in Australia on top.

Just wondering does anyone know of places that sell them that have annual sales? E.g. around Xmas or other holidays where i might be able to shave some coin off the total?

Appreciate any advice.
SG did a Black Friday sale last year.

Kuiu does have sales and they will be less than the others by a couple hundred. My friend loves his and it's packed some meat.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back