MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Semi-live Illinois 2019 Turkey hunting thread

One of these days I'll finally get a place of my own and then at least as I am learning to hunt it I won't have to worry about permissions and having the spot yanked out from underneath me. That's what happened with my last spot. I had hunted it for a number of years and finally figured out how to be in the right spot at the right time and then it went on the market. I wasn't able to buy it at that time. So the last couple years I have been trying to find a new place and trying to get my finances together so I can get my own place. It'll happen at some time soon, but I'll still have a few years of flailing around trying to find the right place and time for turkeys. It doesn't help that Illinois' turkey seasons are one week long and it's all or nothing for that season.

ElkFever2, I hope you get it done next time out.

I did!

Link

I feel super blessed to have connected on 2 toms this year on the same piece of public ground. It will be hard for me to top this spring season. In first I called in, and the second I decoyed in. I'm already worried that someone else is going to find this honey hole and I won't be able to repeat next year, let alone any year after that. Oh well. Even if it does get hunted I know 3 different spots I can set up, one of which is less than obvious. I'm planning to buy my own piece someday for whitetails, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to spring for roosting habitat, as it costs a pretty penny.

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement, and best of luck next spring

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back