Seek Outside Newbie with questions....

flyingvmt

Ok so I have been looking at the SO rigs for a couple of years now just dreaming away until I recently scored a deal on a Little Bug Out setup with a Cub stove that had seen three days of use.

It is a LBO base with vestibule.

I am wanting to rig it up for elk season to hold two guys and our gear inside with the stove. Wondering if I can get away with only buying the connector tarp and another carbon pole and simply unzipping the vestibule from the base and installing the tarp between those, or am I looking at needing a tarp and another base to accomplish this???

Anyone speak this language?

Thanks for the help!

You'll only need a connection tarp to attach to your base/vestibule. If you use trekking poles you could use an extender and one pole so you wouldn't need an additional pole. The LBO can be configured so many ways to accommodate 1 to 4 guys, just keep adding connection tarps. You may want to consider having SO put a stove jack in the tarp section for better stove placement.

If you are on facebook, they have a seek outside page and Tim is very active on there and could answer all your questions.

To go from Base + Vestibule to Base Tarp Vestibule you'll need the connecting tarp and another pole (or linked trekking poles).

In a BTV I recommend the jack stay in the vestibule. That gives you a wood storage / cooking area at the end, then sleeping gear in part of the tarp and base. That system works well.

I would call them, they are super answering questions and explaining options. get your order in quick of you want yo have it by hunting season, they are busy and updated lead times. Great company and people.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Super helpful for sure. I had spoken to someone at SO the other day and they did say I could use a tarp to connect the setup I have, but it seemed too easy lol. I am ordering the connector tarp and the additional carbon pole tonight and hoping its here before elkin season!

I hope its all its cracked up to be especially come rifle season and youth hunt weekend with my 10 year old as we look for her first Montana mule deer!

Thanks again for the help fellas!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back