Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

SCHNEE'S - Bozeman

Mission Alp...assuming full synthetic, any idea if it will be stiffer than the current one, maybe more inline with at least the beartooth?

Supposed to be more stiff than the granite. A 4, like the Teton I had was, i believe. I sure hope I understood that correctly

I haven’t had any issues with leaking in my beartooths, but I’ve been pretty diligent with the nikwax on the advice of a friend. That being said, they just don’t fit my feet right, so if anyone is looking for a pair in 9.5 with about 3 trips on them, I’ve got some. Hope the Crispis I’m breaking in work better...

I bought some Beartooth's a few years ago, they used eVent as their waterproof layer, they leaked. They gave me a new pair, they had eVent as well and leaked. Went to take those back in and was too late,apparently I didn't bring them back in within the warranty period, they wouldn't replace them. The sales kid at the time said they had some problems with the eVent. They had switched to Outdry by then, and now they're using another brand of waterproofing layer, apparently it's the Goretex of Europe...Sympatex or something?

While I was happy with their customer service and the fit I'm not trying them again.

I'm looking for new boots but am wondering if there is a such thing as a dry boot. Had a buddy get some Kenetreks and they leaked out of the box walking thru wet grass. Sounded like he took them back and they refunded him in full. I think I will just go with the company that has the best warranty and keep sending them back. It's a frustrating process.

Back