Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

SAXON LONG BOWS

I haven't shot one, but they sure are beauties!!!! I have my heart set on a Tomahawk as soon as I learn to shoot the one I have now better. Good luck.

Long Bows????? Just something I am just learning about!!!! The Traditional Bowhunters magazine just had a conference in Ontario, Oregon last weekend. They had around 20 different suppliers there with bows to shoot. It was awesome!!! I shot a longbow for the first time in 15 to 20 years and hit what I was shooting at. Don't tell anyone I was 10 yards away ;). I got a Liberty Long Bow, 66" long and a draw weight of 52#.

It was hard to decide what to get, they all looked good, and shot good. If there is any way to find a place to shoot some different bows like that, do it. If not, call what bow maker you like and see if they will send a demo bow for you to shoot. I know Black Widow does that.

That's my 2 cents, and a little more.

[This message has been edited by Elk Turd (edited 03-13-2001).]

elk turd, man its been awhile since youve been around !! glad your back and posting again. got any plans for turkey hunting this year????? if so just dont let oscar take the pics O.K.!

the conference sounds like the place for a person considering a long bow! i think there are other bowyers that will allow you to shoot there equipment! there are alot of good bowyers out there and they are all making quality bows but, more often than with compounds feel is everything to me in any traditional bow! also shooting style tends to lend to specifics requiresments with traditional equipment. I personally wish i could devote the time to becomming an avid trad. hunter vs. hunting with my high tech. equip. that my ultimate bowhunting goal.
as for Saxon ive heard of them, but never shot one myself!! ive been looking at bob lee's stuff and want one real bad just cant decide which one! Bob makes awesome bows and has been forever hes one of the original founders of wing archery! check em out!

good luck!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO - It's funny how work gets in the way of the more enjoyable things in life!!!

I plan to use the new longbow for turkey and bear!!! My shooting has improved to a whoping 12 yards....I might as well hold the arrow and stick it in the bear! I've got a few more weeks to practice. I shoot in the back yard every night, so if I can get to 15-20 yards, so be it. I purchased some carbon arrow, that's "Traditional" huh?

Moosie is NOT taking the photos this year! I caught so much $hit for that! I still need to get him back for that.

Here I am again.

LT - Did not realize you are in Nampa! If you wanted to shoot my longbow, that would be fine with me. Just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back