Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sako A7

RockyDog

Im thinking of buying a Sako A7 in stainless. They seem nice, light and precise. I havent shot one though. Anyone have an opinion on them? im looking at the 300 WSM.

thanks.

I have used one and it shot really nice. You can find a really good deal on the older plastic stock models right now as they are discontinued. The new ST (soft touch) version is pretty cool, and is actually a much more fitting stock for such a nice gun.

EW

sako finnlight

Here are some pics of my son packing the Sako 85 Finnlight.........Ive found it to be a sweet shooter.

Attachments

• Braden Bear Hunting small.jpg
    Braden Bear Hunting small.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 6,178
  • Braden 2.jpg
    Braden 2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,927
I have the 75 in 300 WSM and it's a sweetheart. I don't think you can go wrong with that rifle.

Hard to tell from the picture but the rings on crittergetter's rifle look to be the Sako Opti-Lok base and ring sytem. When I set mine up I had both the Leupold and the Sako rings to choose from.....and tried them both. Both work just fine, but I ended up using the Opti-Lok as well simply because the finish of the rings matched the stainless finish of my rifle.

Elkwhisper

Anybody mention the recoil of the 300 WSM with the Sako A7????? After you re-attach your retna, you can go look for a blood trail.

Last edited:
Elkwhisper was right on they were the Sako Opti-lok............they work fantastic, but they are expensive as hell. Dont recall exactly but much more expensive than the Leupold stuff i've used in the past.

Recoil isn't anything to worry about....My wife is pretty small and she shot that 300 wsm finnlight like it was nothing. She drew the Bison supertag so thats what she was practicing with for the hunt................notice i only said practicing;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back