Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Running Sandhill and Snow Spread

Last Place

Trying to get into late season/conservation season snow geese hunting and wanted to add some sandhill crane decoys (Legal in my S TX county through 2/1) to harvest a few.

Anyone hunt these birds at the same time? Any tips/knowledge on where to put cranes in the spread?

Thanks!

Trying to get into late season/conservation season snow geese hunting and wanted to add some sandhill crane decoys (Legal in my S TX county through 2/1) to harvest a few.

Anyone hunt these birds at the same time? Any tips/knowledge on where to put cranes in the spread?

Thanks!
I don't know about snows but up here I NEVER see honkers and cranes together. Seldom in the same field and if they are, they're usually a long ways from each other. Geese typically come first and cranes choose to land someplace else. I've never had them land closer than a hundred yards from my goose decoy spread. That's been my experience anyway ... and I have quite a bit of it.

I don't know about snows but up here I NEVER see honkers and cranes together. Seldom in the same field and if they are, they're usually a long ways from each other. Geese typically come first and cranes choose to land someplace else. I've never had them land closer than a hundred yards from my goose decoy spread. That's been my experience anyway ... and I have quite a bit of it.
I have saw Sandhills and honkers together and shot Sandhills in goose spread before

I've seem them adjacent like 20 yards to one side. Never in amongst the honkers but definitely worth a shot I would think.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back