Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rifle engraving

TheSurveyor

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting a rifle engraved in the Denver area? My son's first birthday is next month and I was thinking it would be neat to give him a rifle with a few words from dad that he could always have even after I kick the bucket... I have a break action 410 that was my grandfather's that I enjoy shooting from time to time just for memories.

I seen that Henry has a deal where you buy their rifle the for $150 they will engrave and new receiver plate and send it to you.

I would prefer to just buy whatever I choose and take it locally to get it engraved.

I'm thinking a 30-30. I know he won't be able to shoot it as soon compared to a 22 but maybe he'll get more use/enjoyment from it???

Very cool idea. I agree with deer_shooter, you can't go wrong with a 22.

There is a place based in Ft Collins, American Legacy Firearms. They might engrave for you or have something you might like for him. They do rifles for Wyoming too.

Thanks wytex I'll look at them.
I found a outfit that does laser engravings but not sure if I like it for something like this. Its really cheap and the level of detail is amazing. Anyone ever use that technology?

depending upon what all you want done, James White in wasilla alaska. Mailing it up wouldn't be that hard, or if you want something new off the shelf have him pick it up engrave it then ship it to your local FFL

my BIL used to work in alaska as a gunsmith, i had him do 2 rifles for me and one was sent to Mr White just to have my name put on it. came out very nice and at a reasonable cost (it may have been cheaper because that is the engraver that the gunshop uses when sending things out? not sure) some of his freehand work is absolutely amazing too but i'm sure that is getting into some serious $$

If you are just having something like a few words from dad and having your son's name put on the rifle is a very cool idea. Depending on where you want it, I believe most "trophy" shops that do engraving on knives and well TROPHIES, could certainly do what you are wanting in any variety of scroll styles. I've had several knives for friends and family engraved.

A super sweet little .22 that he will have forever would be awesome. I gave my son a .22 single-shot rifle for his first Christmas that my father gave to me.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back