Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rem R-15 VTR

'Ike'

Have a chance to pick one of these up at a great price...I like the fact that it will still take my AR Accessories/Mags, but in a Predator platform...Keeps the Kali Gun Czars at a distance! :D

Anyone have one and your likes, dis-likes?

Attachments

• R-15VTRPredatorCarbine-prod.jpg
    R-15VTRPredatorCarbine-prod.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I've been trying to talk a trade with a shop owner I deal with. Out of curiosity, what constitutes a good deal, price wise? Have also been looking at an upper to go on my slabside Colt.

I like the feel of the R-15; heavier than you would think.

Not to heavy with the Carbine coming in at 6 3/4 lbs...Really like the 1-9 barrel for the .223! Good deal with MSRP at $1275 or so, is $700 for me...

I've been eyeballin' one of those myself...

I'm sure your getting it in MO Brush though, right? :p

Pred/Varmint Rifle

Well, she's home and the scope came in the other day. The Nikon M-223 3.5-12X42...Spent the day mounting and bore/lazer sighting her. Ready for the range! Some of the things I like so far -

Weight, balance very nice...Single stage trigger, crisp and clean they (Rem) did a great job with it. Upper and lower are put together well, not a lot of play that can come with a AR platform.

Have picked up more rounds so the five (5) I'll be shooting are -

Hornady 40gr V-max & 55gr V-max
Winchester 45gr JHP, 55gr FMJ & 64gr SP

Keep ya posted on the range time....

Attachments

• PB100012.jpg
    PB100012.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 247
  • PB100014.jpg
    PB100014.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 197
  • PB100015.jpg
    PB100015.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 241
Sweet looking gun, I've been eyeing one for quite awhile now. $700 sounds like a heck of a good deal, if I had found one at that price I'd be an owner instead of a 'wanter.'. I shoot the Hornady 55gr V-Max in a bolt action .223 and love that bullet.

Back