Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Reloading the 300 Weatherby

elkhnter

Picked up a Weathermark Saturday night, now I’m getting ready to work up a load.
Is there anything unusual about the round that I should know? Shoulder is sharper than the 300 RUM, is this an issue?
Looking at loading a 180 Partition or AB, so if you have a pet load you’d like to share, I’d love to hear it.
Thanks for any help.

Its a Weatherby so it will have freebore. So touching the land may be a tall task. Shouldn't be an issue with the double radius shoulder. Good luck

Man, I’d stuff that case full of powder and put a Hammer bullet on top. Not sure if you have enough twist for heavier than a 166, but that would be a laser beam.

I load the 175 grain Barnes LRX with H4831 and a Fed Mag primer in my 300 Weatherby. It was pretty accurate with that bullet so I never tried anything else in it.

Do you have a good source for RL26? No one in my area has it on the shelf, and can't find anyone online that has it in-stock.
Get on alert at anyplace that sells components. I'm pretty sure it will show up locally where I am eventually. I'm not gonna pay Hazmat. mtmuley

Alliant powders are everywhere here in Central PA.
Ramshot, Norma, some of Hodgdon powders are hard to find.
Had to go to MD to get Norma MRP. 120 miles one way.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back