Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

? Regarding Weather

wyomingtim

I never paid much attention to it before, but do elk move more with an approaching cold front, or after it passes?

My elk hunt looks like a 20 degree drop in temps in 2 days, with rain and snow showers possible, and a full moon. Man I am confused about when the best hunting would be. Hopefully the clouds cover the moon all night.

Just hunt from dawn to dusk and you'll be ok.
wink.gif

Actually, in my experience, elk move before, during, and after a weather system. They'll often come out to feed earlier if there's a storm coming or right after it's passed. But I love hunting when it's snowing so hard you can only see 75 yards. I've killed two bulls and a cow in situations like that, and they were all in herds that were moving during the storm. As far as I'm concerned, if you're wishing for good weather, wish for 6" of fresh snow with big, fat, wet flakes falling opening morning.
hump.gif

Oak

Man, Colorado Oak, If you can describe a pretty naked woman the way you just described the perfect Elk Hunting weather I could delete half of my "favorite places" on my computer!
biggrin.gif

I've seen elk moving in all weather, unless it's extremely windy, then they seem to hunker down, but a 20 degree drop isn't much difference to them as a 2 degree drop in your house, even when the temps are in the minusus...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back