Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Public land nemesis

I finally put a few cams out last week and I have got more pics of deer in a week than I got basically all of last year. I was really baffled last year as there was no deer activity in the normal hot spots and like I said cameras were coming up empty for the most part. 4 or 5 deer pics on a camera check in spots that usually have a 100 give or take a dozen or so. In November last year I got a picture of what I think was the answer to the no deer question. In 9 year of hunting and having cameras in this unit I have never seen one or any sign of one in the area until this picture.
Screenshot_20231022_233855_Gallery.jpg

But under a week of lots of deer pics I feel that fella moved on or something because things seem to be back to normal for the time being. I also got a picture of a one eyed buck. Same eye that one eye had injured. Idk if it's him or not but would be really cool if it was. This one eyed buck also seems to have something odd going on with his antlers on the right side as you look at him. If it's one eye he has got to be at least 10.5 years old. The pic is taken in a spot where I have tons of pics of one eye the terrible in the past.
Screenshot_20231022_191708_SPYPOINT.jpg

Also anybody have ideas on what affect a mature lions presence would have on whitetail deer?

I finally put a few cams out last week and I have got more pics of deer in a week than I got basically all of last year. I was really baffled last year as there was no deer activity in the normal hot spots and like I said cameras were coming up empty for the most part. 4 or 5 deer pics on a camera check in spots that usually have a 100 give or take a dozen or so. In November last year I got a picture of what I think was the answer to the no deer question. In 9 year of hunting and having cameras in this unit I have never seen one or any sign of one in the area until this picture.
View attachment 298408

But under a week of lots of deer pics I feel that fella moved on or something because things seem to be back to normal for the time being. I also got a picture of a one eyed buck. Same eye that one eye had injured. Idk if it's him or not but would be really cool if it was. This one eyed buck also seems to have something odd going on with his antlers on the right side as you look at him. If it's one eye he has got to be at least 10.5 years old. The pic is taken in a spot where I have tons of pics of one eye the terrible in the past.
View attachment 298409

Also anybody have ideas on what affect a mature lions presence would have on whitetail deer?
Well I’d be hunting one eyed Joe just as hard as the lion! Or let him be lion bait and it’s kinda like nat geo… can’t interfere with real wild events. Just document them and take real time measures…. Like having a lion tag 🤪

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back