Plan B for chasing cow elk

williaada

Looking for some help on trying to locate a cow elk tag to take my children with me … I struck out on my draw options this year and am looking for a landowner type of tag. I usually take a 10, 9, and 7 yr old with me on a DYI style hunt. Please PM with suggestions.

'Sorry to learn you "struck out"; happy to learn you usually take youngsters hunting, and that you enjoy DYI hunts. However, not knowing where you hunt or other particulars, it's difficult to offer any suggestions. More importantly, it would be constructive to involve your kids in the process of reading regulations, examining maps, scouting, learning about "landowner type tags" and the other important aspects of preparing for and conducting the wonderful sport of hunting ... with the benefits of pridefully placing wildlife tablefare on the family dining table.

New Mexico is your place to look for landowner tags but they come at a premium price. You might ought to keep an eye on the leftover lists/secondary draws in the elk states. Usually quite a few B tags available after the initial lottery results post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back