Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Personal findings, DoubleTap 110gr 25-06 ammo

uncle sage

Hi guys first time posting a comment in this Forum in particular but not the first or last time i'll have shared a strong opinion based on my findings and results. I'm in no way compensated or affiliated with DoubleTap Ammo but i'm going to toot their horn a bit and help spread the news. They make a great product...and their 25-06 ammo is a prize!

Their 110 gr loading for the ol 25-06 is rated at 3250 FPS. That's considerably faster than the 100gr Barnes TTSX stuff i hunted the last few years with. And the DoubleTap ammo is loaded with Nosler Accubonds, about, IMO, as good a all around game bullet as one can buy. With a fairly high BC at that velocity, this factory ammo is charted to have 1500 FPE, just a guideline now don't get in a huff, still at 700 yds where most other Factory 25-06 ammo, regardless of bullet weight, has only near 1500 FPE at 500 yards,.. if that. That there says a lot to me, a guy that's cleanly taken over a hundred nice bucks thru the seasons going back some 55 years of fairly serious deer hunting.

Most important, the stuff shoots lights out thru my original barreled 1969 Rem 700 adl 25-06. My last 3 shot group was 3/8" center to center and haven't had a group over 1 inch since i been shooting the stuff. Even at 500 yds, i'm way below 1" MOA. The only downside is that i had to pay over $40. a box, it's not your cheap garden variety, yet i think it's worth it in every way, and highly recommend their ammo for guys looking for the "Best they can get" in a factory loading. Comments more than welcome.

Last edited:
I'm curious about their stuff, but haven't heard anything definitive about their claimed velocities. Have you chronographed your 25/06 loads?

No i haven't and that's a good point especially when comparing to built handloads but for factory, i'd believe DoubleTap's numbers are fairly close. With the posted velocities from their various websites one can dig up the numbers of near any factory ammo by cartridge. When younger, i read ballistic charts and ammo boxes like many kids did the back of a cereal box during breakfast. I was told, right or wrong but by someone who knew way more than me and i admired, early on that even with a smaller lighter bullet, one can devastate, kill big bucks, the higher the velocity the better. A good friend loads for my 270WSM and 280AI and he has a crony we use often but the 25-06 i've got though, i've for some reason always used factory stuff. Also for some reason, i started killing my full complement of bucks each year back in the late 60's using the 87gr and 90 gr loadings. Couple seasons of that excessive tissue waste and i moved to 100 gr pills if not to calm my Father if nothing else. The 100's were killers no doubt but then i was both hunting home and multiple States so felt i might be better served with the 117's and 120's but at a substantial loss in velocity, especially considering the parent case is a 30-06. Again, all factory stuff. A guy might think those factory 120's would be screamers from the 06' case but not so.

So then along comes a 110gr bullet. Nice! Maybe the best of both worlds...and a Accubond pill to boot. Wish i had a crony but i don't shoot enough, maybe 1-2 important shots a year, to justify getting one when other things are needed. At any rate, when you consider what each of the different mnfg boast or claim about their ammo's capabilities and the posted numbers, this 25-06 bunch of numbers from DoublrTap far exceed anything i've found from it's factory competitors so far...and they are Accubonds...and they shoot right where the cross-hair was when the gun went off.

Last edited:
... With a fairly high BC at that velocity, this factory ammo is charted to have 1500 FPE, just a guideline now don't get in a huff, still at 700 yds where most other Factory 25-06 ammo, regardless of bullet weight, has only near 1500 FPE at 500 yards.

Correction: I used the wrong benchmark. I know this stuff upside down and backwords but i screwed it up big time boys, my apologies. ...and still have 1000 FPE @ 700 yds,.. not "1500"

A regular 25-06 factory round that had 1500 foot pounds of retained downrange energy at 700 yds would indeed be worth looking into. lol

Here is a link to DoubleTaps claimed #'s
http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=303_307&product_id=355

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back