Pants and stickers

SD_Prairie_Goat

Anyone have a recommendation for pants that are quiet, semi wind proof, and don't get 8 billion different stickers caught in them?

Seems like most the pants I see are some kind of micro fleece and they get caught bad in those like 1/8" round stickers that grow in long bundles. I think its called houndstongue looks kinda like this: 1599754367804.png

Its a pain for me while deer hunting, but oh man is it terrible for my poor dog. Springers don't do well with them, their coat swallows them hook line and sinker.

I mostly hunt in military surplus ripstop camo. It’s generally quiet and pretty good about burrs, cactus needles, etc. I love fleece in cold weather, but sometimes use thick wool pants instead if I’m walking through brush.

Hard face, calendared fabrics as you describe are generally not very quiet by nature.

Hard face, calendared fabrics as you describe are generally not very quiet by nature.
That's kind of what I was running into, didn't know if someone had a magic material that fit the bill by off chance...

I don’t generally get too many stickers on my First Lite soft shell pants, fwiw. I assume there’s a men’s version.
I'll have to look into them. Are they durable? I find myself ripping pants all the time crossing barbed wire, or just sharp pokey sticks

I've used the badlands ion pants before and they were pretty good. Previously used browning hell's canyon and the burrs clung to that it seemed. Will be hopefully getting the sitka mountain pants or timberline pants in the future.

Columbia makes a pant that is a thick, rubberized material coated in a thin cloth-like layer. They dont stick to them, except around the inside of the cuff. Got em for 90 bucks off a clearnace rack though, so not sure if they still make them.

Won't help the dog, but a knife blade at about a 70 degree angle works well to scrape them off clothing.

FL makes those brush pants, maybe worth looking in to. I like the Sitka mountain paints. They seem to be durable and when I get back to the truck I dont recall having a bunch of hitchhikers.

Prana Stretch Zion's have been an amazing find for me. They're not perfect at preventing things from sticking but much better than any hunting brand I've tried. They're also quiet, tear/puncture resistant, shed water and dry quickly when you do get them wet.

Kudos to Snyder on that recommendation.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back