OUTDOORCLASS - Two years of work

OntarioHunter

I'm not sure it would be of much utility for me as I have spent tens of thousands of hours afield chasing deer, elk, and moose. But seeing so many threads on here started by those who are starting out and begging for info (and invariably getting a lot of smart-ass response from aged experts), I can definitely see where something like this can be a useful tool. An idiot can be a successful hunter in Africa because he has an expert standing right beside him the entire time. Not the same here, especially DIY on public land. These canned programs won't make anyone an expert, only field experience will do that. But they can be a good starting point if done properly.

mxracer317

I'm not sure it would be of much utility for me as I have spent tens of thousands of hours afield chasing deer, elk, and moose. But seeing so many threads on here started by those who are starting out and begging for info (and invariably getting a lot of smart-ass response from aged experts), I can definitely see where something like this can be a useful tool. An idiot can be a successful hunter in Africa because he has an expert standing right beside him the entire time. Not the same here, especially DIY on public land. These canned programs won't make anyone an expert, only field experience will do that. But they can be a good starting point if done properly.
Then I guess you’re a better chef than Jaime Teigen? The difference as I see it, is that a master learner is always learning… but a fool assumes they know everything.

OntarioHunter

Then I guess you’re a better chef than Jaime Teigen? The difference as I see it, is that a master learner is always learning… but a fool assumes they know everything.
I'm not big on eating. No interest whatsoever in the cooking shows. But that's just me. I'm the kinda guy who prefers to find his own way in the woods. As much as possible anyway. I don't know everything but I do know a lot. And most of it I learned on my own. Never been into bugling elk or calling moose. I prefer tracking them. So why would I need to be educated in bugling and calling? Also know little about long range shooting and I'm fine with that.

steveshuntn1

I’ve spent thousands on hunting gear. Don’t think twice about 75$ ammo or 50$ broad heads so if I learn anything from the outdoor class then it’s worth the money. I’ve also got plenty of time to go through the classes. I just don’t see a downside here for me.

mxracer317

The hope is to have a new course every other month. We are working on a big course addition right now. Hope is by end of August it will be added.
How do we get updates when new content is added?

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
How do we get updates when new content is added?
Members will be emailed. Right now we have in the can for edit/coming release are 1) Corey Jacobsen's University of Elk Hunting, 2) Hank Shaw's venison cooking, and 3) my pronghorn course. Not sure the release dates, but they will be in that order, with #1 almost ready for release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spesh