Organizing Day By Day Hunts?

npaden

Is there anyway to organize the day by day hunts so that they will play in sequential order?

The last few I've tried to watch are pretty frustrating on my smart TV, I keep having to go back and forth from full screen and go back to videos and then click the next episode to get it to play then go back to full screen, etc. Doesn't sound that bad but some of the other day by day episodes just tracked one after the other. On my TV it is a pain to go back and forth.

I generally wait until they are all out and then watch them back to back (rather than watching them on different days when the come out). I'm trying to watch the 2019 British Columbia series right now and it went from episode 1 to episode 2 then went back to episode 1. A while back I had the same problems with the Arizona pronghorn series.

Just curious if this was something that would be easy to do or if it is something that just happens after they have been watched in order by multiple people over a period of time.

Thanks, Nathan

I’ve been having the problem where I start episode 1 then It wants to auto play a different series so I have to pick episode 2 but then it auto plays episode 1 again. I use the YouTube app on my amazon fire tv.

I have a problem where I watch the new video every day so never need to worry about the order lol. But you should be able to make playlists on your phone and cast them to your tv. As long as you're connected to the same wifi you should be able to control the TV with your phone. Google it, its hard to explain without pictures!

I just am not sure if this fixes itself with it recognizing that people watch them in order and automatically cueing them up that way after a while or if it takes someone actually linking them up in order.

The older day by day hunts all seemed to naturally flow from one to the next without having to mess with it.

P.S. - I'm about sick of the 3+ minute long LaChow Ranch property management commercial. I can end up getting the skip ad button clicked after a while but I end up watching the first 30 seconds or so over and over and over again. I'm not sure if that follows me around or if everyone gets the same ad. Being that the LaChow Ranch folks are in Texas I'm guessing it may be me that the ad is targeting instead of the general Hunt Talk viewers. I've got it on a few other channels I watch as well.

It is actually just easier to watch the shorter ads than to skip them for me but that one is too long and painful to watch. I had a ad come up that was over 5 minutes long the other day on a clip that was only 8 minutes long. Not sure who has control of the ads that get picked to go with each clip.

P.S.S. - I do like that fact that the 20 minute clips aren't broken up with ads like they do in the Solo Hunter ones. I think they end up with 3 or 4 sets of ads you have to skip through in one 20 minute episode.

We've tried is to use "end cards" where YouTube lets you put a card in the last five seconds of a video. That card can have a link. Less than 1% of viewers click on them as I suspect they know the current video is done and they don't want to hang around until the end card appeared.

See screen shot below. It has links to subscribe, go to next video, or go to previous video.

Screenshot_20191204-122805_YouTube.jpg

P.S. - I'm about sick of the 3+ minute long LaChow Ranch property management commercial. I can end up getting the skip ad button clicked after a while but I end up watching the first 30 seconds or so over and over and over again. I'm not sure if that follows me around or if everyone gets the same ad. Being that the LaChow Ranch folks are in Texas I'm guessing it may be me that the ad is targeting instead of the general Hunt Talk viewers. I've got it on a few other channels I watch as well.

It is actually just easier to watch the shorter ads than to skip them for me but that one is too long and painful to watch. I had a ad come up that was over 5 minutes long the other day on a clip that was only 8 minutes long. Not sure who has control of the ads that get picked to go with each clip.

P.S.S. - I do like that fact that the 20 minute clips aren't broken up with ads like they do in the Solo Hunter ones. I think they end up with 3 or 4 sets of ads you have to skip through in one 20 minute episode.

Our channel only allows for "skippable ads." We get paid less because of it, but I want viewers to have that option. Not sure why that video would show up as a non-skippable pre--roll on channel.

If others are getting non-skippable pre-rolls, let me know what video has them.

We've tried is to use "end cards" where YouTube lets you put a card in the last five seconds of a video. That card can have a link. Less than 1% of viewers click on them as I suspect they know the current video is done and they don't want to hang around until the end card appeared.

See screen shot below. It has links to subscribe, go to next video, or go to previous video.

View attachment 121809

Yep. On the older day by day episodes the next episode in the day by day series pops up under the "Next Episode" and just automatically plays.

On the newer day by day series they are blank and it just randomly picks some other clip to play, sometimes not even a "Randynewberghunter" clip.

Our channel only allows for "skippable ads." We get paid less because of it, but I want viewers to have that option. Not sure why that video would show up as a non-skippable pre--roll on channel.

If others are getting non-skippable pre-rolls, let me know what video has them.

It was skippable. Just annoying and it takes a while on my "smart" TV to get over there and get the skip ad box clicked. Just whining about that particular ad.

I appreciate the fact that you aren't embedding additional ads in the episode like some of the other channels are doing.

The elk episode one is working already. Episode 2 shows to be ready to roll as the next episode.

E4CEDBDB-722A-4418-A0D9-154D92B91FF7.jpeg

But when you get to the end of episode 2 it doesn’t have anything showing as the next episode. It just will randomly pick something to play if you let it roll.

F614C1BC-18E1-4186-92C5-86DA1B0CA2C2.jpeg

Same with episode 2 of the New Mexico elk hunt.
53BD334D-4608-468C-AA1C-37B0EBFE0700.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back