Oregon’s Up next !

Little Big Man MT Chris

June 15th is the usual release date , last year it went until the following week . I put in for a mule tag in eastern with friends , fingers crossed on that one , hoping format girlfriend to draw her first elk tag , had her apply for a Rosie cow tag , guiding her on her 1st elk hunt would be so enjoyable, And swinging for the fences like all ways on a premium elk tag , good luck to all

I went with points for deer and elk, and applied for Murderers Creek Antelope rifle as a long shot.

I've sort of got the same thing as your roosie adventure going on. I'll be going after them with my bow in the Cascades this year.

Goodluck to you and your girlfriend!

I went with points for deer and elk, and applied for Murderers Creek Antelope rifle as a long shot.

I've sort of got the same thing as your roosie adventure going on. I'll be going after them with my bow in the Cascades this year.

Goodluck to you and your girlfriend!

My group applied for Keating, were like 80 some percent on that draw , So if I don’t get it I won’t be totally bummed but somewhat disappointed , we got a good crew of friends in the group this year and it would be a great trip to share with friends or Ill just go hunt blacktails again from home like I do every year, getting my 1st archery bull is my only real goal this season , anything else is just a bonus to me

Good luck to all the Oregonians. Hope you all get your tags. Make sure to pick up cougar tags. You never know when you'll run into one. I have them all over my property. The last time I saw one I did not have a rifle with me.

It was a good winter so antlers should be good. Hoepfully its doenst get too hot too fast ( like today) or it will be a bad fire season.

Make sure to pick up cougar tags. You never know when you'll run into one. I have them all over my property. The last time I saw one I did not have a rifle with me.

The only time we see cougars is on trail cams out my way , we usually pick up one a year , would love to get one , if they ever allow dogs again , i believe it’s under discussion in Salem , I would probably pay an outfitter to get one , the 1st few years would be pretty easy to fill a tag with the massive cougar population we have now

i don't think they ever will allow public too. That would make too much sense. ODFW will start to use dogs. Use important tax dollars to pay for controlling cougars, when you could allow hunters to pay for hunting them.

If you ever get the chance to hunt with dogs go for it. Its not cheap but its a blast. I have a buddy that does it and I have gone a few times. ( Colorado)

Make sure to pick up cougar tags. You never know when you'll run into one. I have them all over my property. The last time I saw one I did not have a rifle with me.

I’ve seen a few, but never with a rifle in hand. One came up over the rim rock bluff out the back of my folks’ house about 50 feet away from where we were sitting one evening a couple summers back. My parents’ dog didn’t even notice—the car was moving fast. I’ll definitely have a cougar tag in my pocket this fall.

I’m ready to find out what’s what. I’ll likely draw my second choice mule deer and elk tags, but everything else is long shot status. Oh, except my sheep tag. That’s a gimme.

Good luck guys. (I think we Oregon residents are the only ones who give a crap about the Oregon draw. Except Zim, of course.)

Don't want to be a buzz kill but I'm pretty sure the draw date is the 20th.
expecting to draw a muzzleloader deer tag and always hoping to draw a premium hunt

23 points but I haven't been waiting for that hunt. I hunt Wyoming pronghorn often so I was just collecting Oregon points until I had more time in the summer. I thought I would split them with my wife for a good hunt for both of us but she got a nice buck in E. Beatty's in 2011 and really doesn't care that much about hunting anymore. I'm 65 now and slowing down so i'm really looking forward to experiencing Hart Mt. while I still have some legs left.

Yup, Not too many of us NR's bother with the 2 1/2% quota. I've been too busy working on a fixer-upper home purchase for last 3 months to pay much attention to draw results. But I do know I've drawn nothing in any states so far, so I'd like to be drawn for OR elk. However, at least I do got a plan B. I'll join a friend late season mule deer/coues bow hunting in Arizona if I fail to draw OR. After getting divorced 12 years ago, all my stuff has basically been in plastic bins for the last decade. So I got plenty to do culling all this stuff if I go tagless this year. We'll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back