MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Only 10 days...

dgibson

until the KY elk draw results are posted. Come on, Gibson luck, don't fail me now! Oh, wait...maybe I'd better borrow someone else's luck. :eek:

Good Luck! Has anyone from this forum been chosen for any of the "New Elk Herd Hunts"..Arkansas, KY or else where? I think hunting the Elk along the Buffalo River would be neat. John

Tom, this year it's 100 tags plus two special tags given to groups that agree to auction them for wildlife conservation money spent in KY. New this year are "zone-at-large" tags, in addition to the limited-area tags. The limited-area tags are rifle only for a 7-day season, but the at-large tags can be used throughout the archery season, which is cool. I'm not sure what the balance of limited to at-large tags will be, but if I were guessing I'd say it'll be on the order of 10 and 90.

Draftstud, I fully intend to be the first Hunt Talk member to whack...I mean, kill...I mean, harvest :rolleyes: a free-range record-book sized elk east of the Mississippi! :D

Good luck in the draw.

Wonder how those elk are likin Kentucky? If I'am not mistaken those elk came from Kennecote property here in Utah. Ifin those Kentucky elk are anything like their kin, there should be some goodens. good luck.

Jim, they're loving it here...the herd is more successful than anyone imagined. The imports were from a mishmash of places, including Kansas, Utah, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon and Arizona. The fact that 1500 imports in '97-98 has turned into over 5000 animals today and growing, and that we're having a hunting season in that short a time, hopefully means they're here to stay! :D

The application fee is $10. If you are drawn, then you have to buy a license (NR $32.50 for a 5-day license) and an elk tag (NR $300). One thing I'm unsure of is that the 5-day license isn't valid for deer or turkey, but it doesn't mention elk...if you DO have to buy the full-year license, that runs $115 this year. So, worst case is $425, which would seem to be a pretty good deal. Err..I mean, hell no, it's awful, and you don't want any part of it! ;)

You can read more here, which includes pics of some of the decent animals they took out of there in 2003. The 2004 results are here.

Well that sucked Darren, well have to try again next year, or come up here and I'll take you out... :)

I've seen those packs Elkchsr carries. When he says he'll take me out, he really means he'll TAKE ME OUT. :eek: :D Thanks for the offer, though, Russ...I may be knocking on your door in a year or two. I always wanted to see Montana!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back