Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

observations

diamond hitch

My front window looks out on my north hay field. This morning as I was watching a cow elk feed, I decided to check my blood pressure (old guy thing). The compressor on the machine has kind of a high pitched buzz for a few seconds. I have 8 inch thick log walls and that cow was about 70 yards away. At the sound of the compressor she stopped and faced me. That's some serious hearing capabilities.

They are also curious. I stood up last night to get something to drink and there were 10 head in the field at about 150 yards. At my movement inside the house, the heads came up and they trotted in mass to my front field fence ( about 50 yards ) and leaned over the fence like snoopy neighbors. Since I'm babying that field along (seeded last fall) it iis largly mud with grass sprouts among the camas and wild onions, I really don't want a group of frolicing elk playing in the field belcause of the wholesale destruction. I walked out of house to the front yard and urged them to retreat to the other field. No effect! Crossed the mud field to the fence and urged them again. They retreated about 15 yards. Crossed that fence and walked toward them until I got within about 30 yards and then they decided that their curiosity was filled and moved north- reluctantly. What are the odds of that happening in October?

Just thought I should share with my elkless friends.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back