November Off in MT

just go hunt man...here's what I noticed this year (I'm a salty person so take it for what it's worth)...there are more people than I've ever seen hunting in SW MT. It could be me and it could be that some areas are closed due to fire or fire restrictions but I swear every trailhead has an extra 5 rigs. Be prepared to be hunting with a pumpkin patch. Your old spots may be great since a lot of other spots have been discovered.

just go hunt man...here's what I noticed this year (I'm a salty person so take it for what it's worth)...there are more people than I've ever seen hunting in SW MT. It could be me and it could be that some areas are closed due to fire or fire restrictions but I swear every trailhead has an extra 5 rigs. Be prepared to be hunting with a pumpkin patch. Your old spots may be great since a lot of other spots have been discovered.

I'm sorry to hear that! I am looking forward to the season, and I am hoping the lack of time crunch will let me avoid people a bit.

Good luck! I'd agree with what Mthuntr had to, theres lots of people laid off or furloughed so the woods are more full than normal. The elk will be where they always are in November: sanctuaries where they can get away from the hunters. They'll either be in remote areas a long ways from the trailhead, deep canyons that nobody wants to drop into, or on private land. If you're looking for a new spot then you might want to check out the herd counts.

This year has been crazy with people, I've found people in spots where I've never seen them before. I have a feeling that when the orange army season opens, it's going to be crazy time and the woods will be even more busy than normal.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back