Nostalgia

MarvB

CEB109A1-4659-410C-B70F-283CCCAD5FA2.jpeg

I saw this the other day and it got me thinking about how much has changed since I was a kid. The Sears, Monkey Wards, and Western Auto catalogs were like bibles back then (50s & 60s). Bought my first .22 at Wards, first shotgun at W. Auto.

I always saved up for .22 ammo at the Sears store (where my sister worked and got a discount) and it only took bringing back a few a few racks of empty RC Colas or Fanta to buy a box of 50 Eley CB Caps I used in the .22 to shoot barn swallow on the ranch.

My oldest brother had a 1967 Wards Riverside 250 (made by Benelli)- 245 CC air cooled four stroke overhead valve single cylinder motor that produced a whopping 22 HP and was paired with a four speed transmission. It was his paper route bike. (mine was a banana seated Schwinn with a sissy bar on the back lol). Yup... things have changed

View attachment 180784

I saw this the other day and it got me thinking about how much has changed since I was a kid. The Sears, Monkey Wards, and Western Auto catalogs were like bibles back then (50s & 60s). Bought my first .22 at Wards, first shotgun at W. Auto.

I always saved up for .22 ammo at the Sears store (where my sister worked and got a discount) and it only took bringing back a few a few racks of empty RC Colas or Fanta to buy a box of 50 Eley CB Caps I used in the .22 to shoot barn swallow on the ranch.

My oldest brother had a 1967 Wards Riverside 250 (made by Benelli)- 245 CC air cooled four stroke overhead valve single cylinder motor that produced a whopping 22 HP and was paired with a four speed transmission. It was his paper route bike. (mine was a banana seated Schwinn with a sissy bar on the back lol). Yup... things have changed
Back in the day for me and likely most Montana boys, the Red Ryder BB gun and the single shot 22 rifle were the most cherished and prided gifts of all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back