Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Nosler 270 140 Accubonds FS

HighDesertSage

Well I've been trying, but I just can't get my Tikka to like these bullets. Which is to bad, because it's a damn fine bullet. My loss your gain. There's 40 of them left in the box. $25 TYD

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 122
Did you try seating them deep! Had lots of folks say that is what it took to get the to shoot for them. Not everyone, but quite a few. How about the 130's, same bullet? Maybe your rifle likes that weight better?

Not sure what powders you tried but H4831SC is a good one as is IMR4350 or H4350.

Might try some of these if the Accubonds aren't working! A Partition is never a mistake!

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...er-270-140gr-partition-spitzer-blem-50ct.html

Or maybe some of these E-tips. With the mass they retain when shooting, they perform like you would expect a heavier bullet to. Now I have not used them in a 270 but have had great success in my son's 6mm shooting 90 gr. E-tips. He took his first three antelope, his first buck mule deer, and his first cow elk with that bullet. All were one shot kills. His cow was 350 yards away. He took her tight behind her right shoulder in the ribs and the bullet angled forward and EXITED her offside shoulder. She went about 20 yards and tipped over! Pretty impressive. I ran E-tips in the 6mm along with Partitions and Accubonds (several different calibers actually) from 25-100-200-300-400-500 yards shooting them into 1 gallon water jugs lined up. I measured expansion, penetration, and retained bullet weight. They all performed superbly and I would not have any doubts that any of those three types of Noslers will perform for you and perform very well.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...sler-270-130gr-e-tip-with-band-blem-50ct.html

The E-tips are like the Accubonds and that for the most part folks are seating them deep and finding that is where they like to be to shoot well. The Nosler manual states to start out with the lightest powder charges for the given bullet weight when using the E-tips and that the middle load or thereabouts should be considered your maximum charge. Of course each rifle is different so you must work up with any of these. Best of luck.

David

These are spf.

6mm, thanks for the input. I tried all the powders above and the 130's and no luck. I can get the partitions to shoot sub moa so that's what im going with. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back