PEAX Equipment

Northern Idaho whitetails

Hey 1 pointer
How was your hunt up there? Did you have success? How far of a drive was you making everyday? What time of year did you hunt?
Make sure you apply for the Whitetail only hunt and you should be able to hunt the Rut and your license lasts until December 1. Any Whitetail, any centerfield rifle. Find a nice ridge line with a view, you should be able to see something. As a nonresident I saw deer every day I went out. Good luck and happy hunting.

Whitetail hunting Northern Idaho info - Units with lots of deer and public land. 1,2,3,4,5,6,8A,10A,11,14,15,16. Don't think you would be disappointed in any of them.

Buy the book Idaho's Greatest Whitetails by Ryan Hatfield

Last edited:
Hey y’all. I’ve been lookin into this hunt for awhile now. My wife is from Iowa so I’ve accompanied my father-in-law chasing Whitetails over there and caught the bug. I’m looking into a few units up north and I see a lot of ground owned by lumber companies. Do some of them allow hunters to hunt their property or is it off limits? If you can hunt it how does someone obtain the appropriate permission to hunt it? Being from Southern Idaho I haven’t really ran into that issue and don’t really know how that all works. Thanks.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back