Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

No blow back

farmfirstfarm

So i'm wondering if anyone else does this. Take a cva blackhorn plug, get a drill bit 15/64 I believe that is the size. Anyway ream out the bottom of the primer side of the plug, so there is enough room to add a viton O-Ring at the bottom below the primer. Now use a spent primer and close the action to check the head space. if needed ream out more, and when i say drill i mean a drill bit in hand or T-handle from a thread set, you cant add more!! I've done this with great results and have a beautiful action after firing. I get zero blow back and with the high pressure o-rings they hold up nicely. I get at least 20 shots per ring. I keep a small pick to retrieve a blown out ring in my shooting box. You can also bend the tip of a torch cleaner if you have a set in your box. The price of the O-rings vs cleaning your action is more than worth it in my opinion.

Thought Id share

You can also just put the o-ring at the bottom of the primer pocket. The Western BH plug comes with them.

I don't like o-rings. I shim the firing pin housing to adjust the headspace. It's permanent and once done I can just forget about it. No o-rings to mess with. CVA has the shims.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back