Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Newest fall addition

brockel

Did some deal shopping to put this one together. Went over the gunsmiths last night and put this 6.5 Sherman together in a couple hours. Should be a fun one to play around with. Remington action, trigger tech trigger, bell and Carlson stock with my rattle can and sponge paint job, Brux #4 8” twist cut at 26”.
91E45A66-54FF-4599-BE0C-BDF39675E682.jpeg

Sharp...bottom metal looks good in that scheme..stainless pops the top. Ought to spin.

Sherman is on my "Buy from Idaho companies" short list. Their say the 6.5 Sherman "runs with the 264WM." But then they say they get 3300 fps with a 140 grainer. That kicks the butt of my 264WM.
Nice looking rig in a great cartridge.

Did some deal shopping to put this one together. Went over the gunsmiths last night and put this 6.5 Sherman together in a couple hours. Should be a fun one to play around with. Remington action, trigger tech trigger, bell and Carlson stock with my rattle can and sponge paint job, Brux #4 8” twist cut at 26”.
View attachment 146154
what ya gonna feed it? Looks great!

@brockel

If you haven’t bought brass yet, start with 280ai. I was trying to use RWS for my 300 Sherman and the necks after FF was awfully short. I had some throw away 280ai brass and used them to make a OAL case. The necks turned out way more consistent and were average .030 longer.

I have a 100 Peterson on the way and am going to ditch the RWS.

@brockel

If you haven’t bought brass yet, start with 280ai. I was trying to use RWS for my 300 Sherman and the necks after FF was awfully short. I had some throw away 280ai brass and used them to make a OAL case. The necks turned out way more consistent and were average .030 longer.

I have a 100 Peterson on the way and am going to ditch the RWS.
Already fiteformed some Peterson this morning. Good brass

Sherman is on my "Buy from Idaho companies" short list. Their say the 6.5 Sherman "runs with the 264WM." But then they say they get 3300 fps with a 140 grainer. That kicks the butt of my 264WM.
Nice looking rig in a great cartridge.
I’ll have some velocities numbers by tomorrow morning g

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back