Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Newb in California

CMFB

I've been snooping around these threads for awhile now and figured I should just sign up to try to learn something. Military guy recently stationed in California and trying to figure out the conundrum that is hunting here (and other western states). Hunted my whole life but almost all East coast deer, turkey, and dove. Looking forward to exploring the wealth of info in here.

I'm looking into FHL and Vandenberg. The chance to draw a Tule hunt is too good to pass up but hunting up there regularly is a bit of a stretch due to time it takes to get there. I'm a few hours away and the job/family duties limits me to primarily weekend warrior status with a week or so hopefully sprinkled in if I can get the right hunt lined up. Thanks for the info. Figure I'll try to chase some spring turkeys in the Los Padres too. Should help get me a little more aquainted with the area.

Depending on your location join SCVQUWF in Newhall. You’ll find lots of places working with them.

Depending on your location join SCVQUWF in Newhall. You’ll find lots of places working with them.
I'm in Ventura County so that may be a possibility. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info homers.

Next monthly meeting is next Wed, March 20th 7:30pm at Oaktree Gun Club
I'll be out of the country for that one but will try to make the next meeting after that. Thanks again for the heads up.

Wherein CA? Yuma has some of the bets dove hunting in the country. Easy drive from SoCal.

I'm in Camarillo so Yuma is doable. I had no idea but thanks for the tip. Just watched Randy's dove hunting episode down there. Guess I'll be making that trip in the fall. Thanks LA.

VAFB is doable, just a couple hours up the road. Good deer, decent hogs. I knew alot of guys at hueneme that went every weekend for pigs...or quail when in season. You're in a good spot. Good duck there as well.
I'm in the San Diego area and can get to VAFB in 4 hours. That's an easy day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back