Caribou Gear Tarp

New to MT From NC

Hello All!

New to the forum, wanted to introduce myself and am extremely excited to get out to Montana and learn the landscape! I'm originally from NC, and have guided whitetail and bear hunts in the eastern part of the state since 2009. Lived in Texas for a few years during college and headed back to NC after. Was fortunate enough to land a job in my hometown, and that job has allowed me to relocate to SW Montana for the foreseeable future. The territory I will be covering for work is all of Montana and Wyoming, so I will get a large taste of what the country has to offer during my day job. My hunting history is whitetails in swamp bottoms/hardwoods/ag fields, bears in the thickest of the thick stuff, ducks in low low country, and a bit of fishing here and there. So as you can imagine I am very green in the ways of mountain hunting

I will be arriving to MT next month, and I know there is a 6 month waiting period on being able to apply on tags, so I think I may just spend the season glassing/hiking/talking to others to get a better feel of everything. I've filmed hunts for many years, and if anyone would ever want to meet up and want me to film I have all the gear necessary to do so. I would love to help with any pack outs/be an extra set of eyes on any hunts. Although I've skinned countless deer, pigs, bears, the strategy behind everything that goes into a pack out is new to me. Coming to a new area is always tough, but I've always found that hunting is one of the greatest ways to bring new people together.

Hope to share some great stories soon,

Andrew

Last edited:
Welcome! I live in WNC, and love MT. Work is in NC, but would love to be able to work from MT.

It was always a dream of mine as well. I worked on a horse farm in Texas right before graduation in preparation to be a backcountry guide in Wyoming, just didn't pan out. Was lucky enough 4 years later to be relocated with my current company.

Hello All!

New to the forum, wanted to introduce myself and am extremely excited to get out to Montana and learn the landscape! I'm originally from NC, and have guided whitetail and bear hunts in the eastern part of the state since 2009. Lived in Texas for a few years during college and headed back to NC after. Was fortunate enough to land a job in my hometown, and that job has allowed me to relocate to SW Montana for the foreseeable future. The territory I will be covering for work is all of Montana and Wyoming, so I will get a large taste of what the country has to offer during my day job. My hunting history is whitetails in swamp bottoms/hardwoods/ag fields, bears in the thickest of the thick stuff, ducks in low low country, and a bit of fishing here and there. So as you can imagine I am very green in the ways of mountain hunting

I will be arriving to MT next month, and I know there is a 6 month waiting period on being able to apply on tags, so I think I may just spend the season glassing/hiking/talking to others to get a better feel of everything. I've filmed hunts for many years, and if anyone would ever want to meet up and want me to film I have all the gear necessary to do so. I would love to help with any pack outs/be an extra set of eyes on any hunts. Although I've skinned countless deer, pigs, bears, the strategy behind everything that goes into a pack out is new to me. Coming to a new area is always tough, but I've always found that hunting is one of the greatest ways to bring new people together.

Hope to share some great stories soon,

Andrew
I drew a limited permit for mulies and may have issues with hunting buddies that signed up backing out due to the covid, would definitely be interested in an extra set of eyes and for sure an extra back for packing. Looking at taking the week between 11/7 and 11/15 off to hunt, and possibly be a weekend warrior until I can get the tag filled. What area of Montana will you be moving to?

Welcome! I'm from central NC. Might pick you brain later for some Eastern NC black bear spots😁

I drew a limited permit for mulies and may have issues with hunting buddies that signed up backing out due to the covid, would definitely be interested in an extra set of eyes and for sure an extra back for packing. Looking at taking the week between 11/7 and 11/15 off to hunt, and possibly be a weekend warrior until I can get the tag filled. What area of Montana will you be moving to?
I will be living between Belgrade and Bozeman. Would love to get out there and help with anything you would need in terms of eyes and packing.

Welcome! Currently in western Virginia, but grew up in Wilmington followed by South Carolina and then Tennessee (Dad was transferred while working as a Station Manager for Piedmont Airlines). Then I joined the Air Force and started moving around some :)
I too am moving to Montana now that my daughter has decided to stay out there. I will be relocating to Helena next Spring. Really looking forward to it. All the best to you!

Welcome! As a fellow easterner may I just say get a good pair of binoculars and get used to looking 2-3 times farther away than your used to. You are probably used to hunting with your ears slot so get used to hunting with your eyes. Buy the best pair you can afford and maybe add $100 bucks to whatever that limit is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back