PEAX Equipment

New to HuntTalk - Located in Illinois

TheBenHoyle

Hey guys, just joined the HuntTalk family. I'm 40 and have been hunting on and off for about 20 years. Mainly pheasants and turkeys. This is my first year deer hunting and also my first year archery hunting. In a perfect world I would be hunting every weekend and eating what I bring home. But it's not a perfect world so I only get out every once in a while. Hopefully I'll have a picture of my first white tail soon. But I suppose that would mean I would have to go out and get one. Here's hoping I get one this weekend.

Welcome and good luck!

I'm not too far from IL if you need help with those viscous, marauding pheasants! ;)

Dave I live in West Suburbs, south of Schaumburg. But I grew up In Stephenson County about 2 miles from Wisconsin. As for the pheasants, they are up in South Dakota on the farm my dad grew up on. I've never hunted pheasants in Illinois. I've heard some, but never seen any.

Alrighty. I'm west of you about 90 miles just south of I-80.

Pheasants, I've seen a couple lately but they just about don't exist anymore. Used to be quite a few before the cover went away.

Dave, I was born in Spring Valley and lived in Putnam County until I was 10 years old. Are you out in that area of Illinois?

Dave, I was born in Spring Valley and lived in Putnam County until I was 10 years old. Are you out in that area of Illinois?

Sure am! I live outside of Standard. Been here about my whole life. Went to Putnam County High School, got out in '79.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back