MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New tent maiden voyage...

Dodad

Spent the last 4 days in the Chequamagon-Nicolet National Forest in northern Wisconsin. This area is 1,500,000 acres of national forest open to camping and hunting. Available game include: deer, bear, bobcat, coyotes, wolfs (soon?), partridge, rabbits, hares, other various small game as well as none huntable species of elk and moose.

We were up for the whitetail rut. And though we didn't see a bunch of critters it was evident that the rut was in swing. Thursday we saw does with fawns, later does with bucks up their butts, and later still only does or only fawns.

Camp chef and keeper of the fire (son) did a great job. The tent worked well. Temps ranged from 18F to 47F over the 4 day period.

If in the area this is a great OYOA locations for a quick getwaway.

Attachments

• DSC00494.jpg
    DSC00494.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC00501.jpg
    DSC00501.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC00499.jpg
    DSC00499.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 192
Nice Set Up - Very Envious

Nice set up. I have been wanting a wall tent for several years and I'm looking forward to doing that kind of OYOA. I like the lodge sign and the door mat. What Brand tent is that? Colorado, Montana Canvas, Cabelas?

- Hit Man

Looks like you've got a pretty good set up there. Man I love wall tents. . .is yours an 8 x 10?

Back