PEAX Equipment

New shot show specials are out from Browning

G

Guest member 25165

Just thought you might be interested

beautiful looking over/under. didn't think I'd ever want want to buy a 16 gauge, but that gun would almost make me want to.

-Dan
I saw 16ga loads on the shelf at my local sporting goods store, but no 12 or 20. A 16ga may not be a bad thing to have right about now. I have one but its an old beater relic thats collecting dust.

Pretty sure I have room in the gun safe, right next to the 12 gauge Citori... :)

That 16 ga would be nice. :)

I have a couple cases of 16ga shells that I use for my junky 870...might have to spend money I don't have on a Citori

I see they are offering several rifles in 6.8Western....fancy 270WSM but in the style of PRC with a 1:8 twist. Possibly a worthy setup to sling some heavy .277s.

Several lefties in the mix too...though there may have been already just never paid attention.

A two shot camo waterfowl gun makes about as much sense as a prom dress equipped with a chastity belt. Especially when shooting steel shot. Why would anyone invest a lot of money in something that handicaps them with just two shot capacity? I would LOVE to find a synthetic stock set for my Citori to make it more field use friendly for a guy who hunts uplands hard. Black would do nicely. Camo is a frivolous additional expense for that kind of hunting. Perhaps this is intended for the turkey hunting crowd? But why would a turkey hunter opt for the extra weight of an extra barrel since they typically do a lot of hiking and often with extra gear (decoys)? Would this thing appeal to shotgun deer hunters? I don't hunt deer with a shotgun but it seems additional weight of an extra barrel would not be desirable for someone already burdened with a tree stand, lunch, extra clothing layers, etc. Given the excessive recoil produced by slugs, I would think autos would be the most desirable choice for these guys. And how do you attach a rail for a scope to an O/U?

This doesn't make sense. And it looks like crap too. A desperate attempt to make a gun with an "innovative" design that has always been marginally popular into something with no chance of success. Whoever Browning has working in R&D obviously knows nothing about hunting with a shotgun. Clearly the designer also has poor taste in currently popular outdoors gear aesthetics.

Last edited:
WTF is that? Is that from a Mad Max movie?

Same kind of guys who like this still think Pam Anderson is something.

Those 16's look lovely, but at almost 7 pounds, I'd pass. You can get a solid Sauer that tops out around 6 pounds in a scaled 16. Truth be told, the Cynergy has some nice lines.

But I'm thinking I may tempt the anger of the checkbook goddess on that Left Handed Hell's Canyon Long Range.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back