Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Mexico Deer unit 34

GILCASTA

Hey guys,

I drew a deer tag in NM, a unit I've hunted for elk before but never for deer. I've heard it's tough and there's a ton of tags and not a lot of great deer in 34

I've seen a good amount of deer there before, but all does no bucks. Was just wondering if somebody had a suggestion. Like I said I'm familiar with the area, just not with the deer.

I know the area around Timberon decently well, and west of Sacramento and Weed as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd happily trade tips for units 34 and 36 for elk

Thanks

Hey guys,

I drew a deer tag in NM, a unit I've hunted for elk before but never for deer. I've heard it's tough and there's a ton of tags and not a lot of great deer in 34

I've seen a good amount of deer there before, but all does no bucks. Was just wondering if somebody had a suggestion. Like I said I'm familiar with the area, just not with the deer.

I know the area around Timberon decently well, and west of Sacramento and Weed as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd happily trade tips for units 34 and 36 for elk

Thanks
Is it bow? I drew that unit also. I know the area some. Going scouting this weekend.

I elk hunted 34 last year. It’s hard to tell you how many deer were in my area because well, I was elk hunting and making lots of noise but I saw mule deer doe everyday multiple times a day. Had them in camp several times. Didn’t see any bucks but I’m sure they were around. Be glad to send you the spots I saw them

Hey guys,

Thanks
Good luck me and my cousin drew a deer tag in unit 34 have seen deer in the sunport area I’ve seen 2 bucks but still young but a lot of doe would stick to lower ground It was around turkey season when I seen them

I elk hunted 34 last year. It’s hard to tell you how many deer were in my area because well, I was elk hunting and making lots of noise but I saw mule deer doe everyday multiple times a day. Had them in camp several times. Didn’t see any bucks but I’m sure they were around. Be glad to send you the spots I saw them
Would love pointers we got 2 tags for deer in 34

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back