New Hornady offerings.

I saw them on TV with the long range crowd at the Whittington Center. After the long range school, they went antelope hunting with the new bullets. They performed well, but everything does on antelope. They were still pretty tight-lipped at that point about the bullet.

The bullet makes sense, especially if you thing you have to kill stuff in the next county. The tip thing is rather interesting and I will bet those bullets won't be cheap.

Hornady will probably add this new polymer tip to it's GMX line of lead-free bullets sans any other changes.

Saw the video on hot days website. Looks pretty nifty. Wonder how it would perform on elk. It's based off the interlock bullet so it can't be all that bad, and they say there will be no variance in the tips from box to box or lot to lot. Time and experience will tell I suppose.

So, is it just a heavy for caliber (read: long) SST?

To me this just sounds like a way for them to get in on the market rush on long range hunting. What have they really improved on? A tip that doesn't melt due to air friction?

IMO, if they wanted to expand their line, they should bring the Interbond back to more prevalence.

It would be nice to see them actually keep the shelves full of their standard Interlocks, before stepping off into another cluster that will make other bullets even more scarce. I am liking Nosler more all the time. I like to support a Nebraska company, but it seems like every time I turn around, Hornady is marketing something new from gun safes to who-knows-what.

I am not into mega-long distance shooting, so this new bullet is interesting, expensive and basically not of any use to me.

You mean there's a bullet besides the Barnes TSX? Well run me over and call me dinner.:W:

Back