New from the top of Utah.

Greetings from Utah. You can call me Hart. A little bit about me...i love hunting and am excited for a muzzleloaded deer tag in a few weeks, a rifle any bull elk hunt a week afterward, and a cow elk hunt th Saturday after thanksgiving.
I work for a major regional bank doing IT software quality assurance for our online banking platforms.
When not hunting or working, I spend the remainder of my weekends providing security services to the largest private ranch/cwmu in the state. (Don't hate me) I am able to drive around some of the greatest elk and deer country in the region looking for boundary hunters with unscrupulous morals who delve into trespassing and poaching. Good hunting on these boundaries if done correctly.
I hope to expand in my knowledge of hunting and meet some good dudes.
Cheers - buckhunterhart

Welcome.

Question for you... What's the largest cwmu in the state? Deseret?

Last edited:
Welcome buckHH! I'm hoping to pay No Utah a visit in the next few years with either a pronghorn or moose tag in hand.

Welcome.

Question for you... What's the largest cwmu in the state? Deseret?
I'd imagine that it is being about 230K ac deeded with another 16K of BLM checkerboarded and within the CWMU. Only other I think could even be close would be something owned my Chris Robinson (eg Castle Rock), but I don't think he has any one piece that big.

@grizzly_ - DLL is as big as they come in Utah. IMHO it is the best too, but I am a bit biased :).
I spent a whole lot of time on DLL as I did my master's field work there, just south of Neponset. Used to know quite a few of the folks that worked there, but I think most have moved on by this time. Next time I'm up that way I plan on shooting a few of the prairie dogs they have on the place.

I don't spend a lot of time on that end of the ranch as there is not a lot of boundary area to watch. Years before I starting working up there I did take a trip shooting dogs out near the highway, they were everywhere.

They are and on both sides of the highway there. I really did enjoy all the time I spent on that place.

Welcome.
So you have connections? Can you get me a bull elk tag for the middle of September?

Thanks for all the welcomes.

@elkantlers - I can't even get myself a bull elk tag for the middle of September :( . I can hook you up with the outfitter, if you have a fat wallet I am sure we can make something work. My connections do not extend too far, unfortunatley.

Back