Caribou Gear Tarp

New from the Bay Area

TheChiro22

Hope everyone is having a great day...Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. Grew up on the East coast mostly fishing and moved to Ca a while back. I have gotten more serious about hunting over the last 5 years or so, learning as much as I can from message boards and groups like this...so I want to start by thanking everyone on here who participates and shares information, you are definitely helping new hunters get educated.

Thank you,

-Doc

Welcome. California is not the easiest state to hunt but you have some good options not far from the Bay Area.

Welcome. California is not the easiest state to hunt but you have some good options not far from the Bay Area.

You are right about that...We have some great duck/goose, turkey and upland hunting. Pig is pretty much all pay to play and the prices are insane. I've got a little cabin up in the high sierras and Mule deer and Black bear is pretty good up there. You definitely have to love time in the woods to be successful out here. Thankfully, hunting for me is more about the process and less the prize.

Do you hunt in California?

Back