New from north Texas

Cope125

I am new to the website. I am an avid archery hunter. Me and a buddy did our first archery elk hunt in Colorado last year. Got our butts kicked by the unexpected snow storm. We still had a great time and learned a lot. Looking forward to doing it again this year, just hopefully without the snow storm. Good luck to all.

Welcome to the forum
I will be going on a warm weather tour mid January and February 2022. Texas might be part of our plans?

Welcome to the forum
I will be going on a warm weather tour mid January and February 2022. Texas might be part of our plans?
Careful, with that plan. This February we were hitting 0 for lows for a few days. It’s not normal. But as soon as you think it won’t, it will. Kinda like my elk hunt last year, 10-20 inches of snow, the first week of September. Literally, 2 days prior, they said we might get 3 inches. And 4 days prior, there was no mention of snow.

I live in Anna, north of Dallas about 30 miles. Are you familiar with the area?
Born and raised in Grapevine, have a nephew that coaches in Anna I believe, might be Melissa. Family up in Telephone area, along the Red.
Spouse's family place is North of Muenster, on the Red also. Most of my family is still down there.

Born and raised in Grapevine, have a nephew that coaches in Anna I believe, might be Melissa. Family up in Telephone area, along the Red.
Spouse's family place is North of Muenster, on the Red also. Most of my family is still down there.
Ok, you are very familiar then. I know all of those areas. I try to stay away from grapevine though. Not a fan of the concrete jungle. Some pretty decent hunting along the Red though.

Careful, with that plan. This February we were hitting 0 for lows for a few days. It’s not normal. But as soon as you think it won’t, it will. Kinda like my elk hunt last year, 10-20 inches of snow, the first week of September. Literally, 2 days prior, they said we might get 3 inches. And 4 days prior, there was no mention of snow.
Yeah Texas was all the news back then. If I remember correctly it was a once in a 100 year storm right? LOL
retierment will allow us to be very flexible on dates and locations

Yeah Texas was all the news back then. If I remember correctly it was a once in a 100 year storm right? LOL
retierment will allow us to be very flexible on dates and locations
Yeah, that’s what they say. Broke all kind of records. Congrats. I hope to get there one of these days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back