Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New from Nebraska

nkid3

Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this forum. Currently living in Omaha, but I grew up and do most of my hunting out in western Nebraska (Alliance/Hemingford).

I grew up pheasant hunting and that's still my favorite.. when I was younger, I was just interested in getting my daily limit. Now that I'm in my early 30's.. it's more about watching my dog work the land, using my grandpa's Remington Model 31 that I got working, and just spending the time with friends.

I picked up Archery this year and it's humbled me a hundred times over already. I didn't harvest my first deer this year, but I learned a ton, and my highlight was spotting a monster 6x6 (that my brothers and best friend have been chasing for three years) in an uncut sunflower field bedded down 3/4 of a mile away - mid afternoon. I saw the reflection off his antlers. I decided to go after him and inched my way for 2 hours on my hands and knees towards him... on the last 80 yards I crawled to within 30 yards of where I thought he was (the wind was perfect) and stopped. I looked, listened, sat.. nothing. So I decided to slowly move across the rows of flowers, 7 or 8 rows each way) to look for him. Still nothing. After 1/2 hour of nothing I decided to give up (it was 45 min till sundown)... I stood up and not 20 feet away was that monster staring at me wondering what in the hell I was doing so close to him. Adrenaline hit me and I tried to knock my arrow but even well before that he was off to the races snapping sunflowers off with his huge rack. From that point on I was hooked.

I'm trying to get into other archery hunting (my brother has been doing it for years) and I really want to share a great Elk hunt (cow or bull) with him.

I'm excited to be a part of this thread. Attached are a few bird pics this from this year! (I'm the guy in the front right)FED46EC6-B4F5-4FDD-AD6F-497C76D6803F-C004DB20-1361-4ECD-8647-E19DE7A32696.JPGIMG_0919.jpg

A velveteen fowling piece, seemingly well versed in the art of “poofing“ feathers.

Welcome to HuntTalk from south of your border.

Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this forum. Currently living in Omaha, but I grew up and do most of my hunting out in western Nebraska (Alliance/Hemingford).

I grew up pheasant hunting and that's still my favorite.. when I was younger, I was just interested in getting my daily limit. Now that I'm in my early 30's.. it's more about watching my dog work the land, using my grandpa's Remington Model 31 that I got working, and just spending the time with friends.

I picked up Archery this year and it's humbled me a hundred times over already. I didn't harvest my first deer this year, but I learned a ton, and my highlight was spotting a monster 6x6 (that my brothers and best friend have been chasing for three years) in an uncut sunflower field bedded down 3/4 of a mile away - mid afternoon. I saw the reflection off his antlers. I decided to go after him and inched my way for 2 hours on my hands and knees towards him... on the last 80 yards I crawled to within 30 yards of where I thought he was (the wind was perfect) and stopped. I looked, listened, sat.. nothing. So I decided to slowly move across the rows of flowers, 7 or 8 rows each way) to look for him. Still nothing. After 1/2 hour of nothing I decided to give up (it was 45 min till sundown)... I stood up and not 20 feet away was that monster staring at me wondering what in the hell I was doing so close to him. Adrenaline hit me and I tried to knock my arrow but even well before that he was off to the races snapping sunflowers off with his huge rack. From that point on I was hooked.

I'm trying to get into other archery hunting (my brother has been doing it for years) and I really want to share a great Elk hunt (cow or bull) with him.

I'm excited to be a part of this thread. Attached are a few bird pics this from this year! (I'm the guy in the front right)View attachment 171912View attachment 171913
Hello from Alberta

Back