Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New from Georgia

Jorge400

Greetings from Georgia. My name is George and I've just very recently found this forum after being pretty much out of the hunting loop for several years. I've been hunting for 30+ years (fishing for nearly 50) including a few western states and a handful or two of other countries and have always had a passion for DIY trips whenever possible. However, about 7 years ago I decided to start a new business and sadly hunting and fishing have for the most park taken a back seat. I've been back into fly-fishing for the last few years but not hunting other than a few hunts here in GA from time to time. Last year a good friend of mine talked me into going back out to CO for mule deer for the first time in 11 years. After saying there was no way I was going to shoot a buck on opening day, I did just that. I then spent the remainder of the week helping him get his muley and looking over elk and the fire was rekindled.

I'm heading back out to CO this year and preparing to apply for a number western states starting again next year. Sadly, the only thing worse than not hunting much is not keeping my points going and losing what I had accumulated. There is nothing I can do about that now other than to start over and take advantage of over the counter tags, landowner tags and units with lesser demand.

My goal is to get in as much western hunting as I can before I am too old to do it any more. I'm nearly 55 and see folks my age and not that much older deteriorate. I'm determined not to let that happen to me but some things are beyond our control. I cringe at all the lost opportunities over the past seven years. Learn from my mistake, don't let life get you too busy to do the things you love.

I look forward to digging into this site to see what it has to offer.

George

Welcome to the forum sir. Glad to hear you are back in the game.

Welcome George! I am not far behind you. Up north of you in Western North Carolina.
Good luck with checking off more states.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back