Caribou Gear Tarp

new 30-06

JohnCushman

I'm looking at buying a new 30-06 in the near future. The gun shop I like is pushing the TC Venture bolt rifle pretty hard. I saw a Guns and Ammo write up on it and it was pretty favorable. What's anyone else think of these rifles or have other ideas in the general price range?

I'm sticking with 30-06 because I have about 300 hand loads already loaded in 06...lol

I'd look real hard at the Sako A7. Same basic design as the Tikka, but with a few changes for the better. Their price as almost down as low as the tikka's too, you can get them on Gunbroker for 599. Unbelievable gun for that amount of money.

I'll second the vote for the A7. The new A7 ST (Soft Touch Stock) is even nicer, but you can't beat the closeout deal they have going on for last years model. I have one in .300 WSM and it shoots great.

Elkwhisper

I have yet to hear of a TC bolt gun not shooting. That said, if I was looking at a TC bolt I'd probably look at the Icon. It has the built in scope bases and comes in a stainless/weather resistant finish.

If you're looking at a wood stock/blued metal rifle I really like the looks of the Ruger Hawkeye or the new Winchester Featherweights.

Cushy, I heard once that they give out a 30~06 and tree stand with each trailer you buy ......... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back