Nevada archery cow elk unit 72-74

Jimmayo

Hello,
My hunting partner and I were fortunate enough to draw an archery cow tag for unit 72-74. The season opens August 1 and runs through the 15th. I’m planning on a scouting trip this month for a week. Never been up in that area. I attempted several times by phone to contact the biologist but have had no luck due to the Covid virus. I reviewed the unit information and it gives numerous locations where elk may be located in the fall. My question is: are the elk in the same areas in August? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,
My hunting partner and I were fortunate enough to draw an archery cow tag for unit 72-74. The season opens August 1 and runs through the 15th. I’m planning on a scouting trip this month for a week. Never been up in that area. I attempted several times by phone to contact the biologist but have had no luck due to the Covid virus. I reviewed the unit information and it gives numerous locations where elk may be located in the fall. My question is: are the elk in the same areas in August? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Welcome. They'll be close to the same areas, if you can get some located on your scouting trip you should be able to find them again on your hunt.

Go north towards Idaho a couple distinct mountains should hold several herds look at your unit map and it will make sense good luck.
Good advice. And as p_ham said, if you find them now they won’t go far by August as long as they have a water source. Good luck and keep us updated.

I have hunted the edge of the wilderness for deer and antelope, but did not see elk.

Ok

go east of that with out saying where it’s the mountain of which species your looking for good luck.
Yes, I know those mountains and I hope the hunter figures it out. Shouldn't be too tough. Haha. Killed a late season deer between that range and the edge of Jarbridge a couple years ago... The antelope was south of there but not far from boundary.

Anyone have intell for a bull hunt in 072,073,074, without going into the wilderness

Anyone have intell for a bull hunt in 072,073,074, without going into the wilderness

Good luck....

You better scout your ass off and have several bulls pegged before opening day. Even if you're not willing to go into the wilderness you better be up for some hiking. Otherwise turn in the tag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back