Need a tripod recommendation

sacountry

I need to find a tripod thats more backpack hunting friendly. Trying to shoot for something under $100. Any recommendations? The one I bought stands tall at 75" but recognizing that while light weight consumes too muc

I need to find a tripod thats more backpack hunting friendly. Trying to shoot for something under $100. Any recommendations? The one I bought stands tall at 75" but recognizing that while light weight consumes too muc
I just purchased a Vanguard VEO Aluminum for a new Spotter I bought. It was around $150 new, and weighs a little under 3 pounds. So far it seems heavy enough for stability, light enough for the pack. Every one I looked at and fondled had things I hated about them, including the one I bought. I disliked all of them, so settled on cheaper.

Time will tell if I made a good or bad decision, it was hard to fight the normal decision to buy more and more expensive, it seems like almost all tripods get bad reviews until you hit the $1K mark and up.

I just bought a SLIK Sprint Mini II Tripod with SBH-100DQ Ball Head - Gun Metal Finish off amazon for 80 bucks. It is pretty light in the 2.1lb range and held my 4lb spotter just fine. I used it last week for the first time and was super impressed with it. Especially for the price. Never a fan of the ball head but figured could possibly upgrade the head in future if need be. Although I did not mind it to much.

I bought a Fositan (one of those Amazon Recommends) tripods for $50. It weighs 3 lbs which is ok, but at a total of 75" in length it doesn't break down much below 20". I'm thinking I'd settle for a 40" even if it means sitting to glass. Having something thats light and maybe 15" when small would be much better than what I just bought and used 2x.

Last edited:
Back