Nebraska “slam” attempt

Stocker

I haven’t been up to this point. Trying to up my influencer cred.

If hunting influencer doesn’t work out (let’s be honest it’s not) I’m down to sharing pics of me in a Speedo.

You guys better hope I have better luck hunting. Beer belly and sour cream colored skin isn’t pretty. But it’s 2022 so no body shaming!

Stocker

The failure is real. I’ll most likely never live down having failed at completing a completely made up slam that wasn’t only made up but self made up. I’d like to preface my excuses by saying I don’t like making excuses……..

Nah, I didn’t fill the 2 tags that are the easiest to get. The mule deer was a little bit of a challenge just because I had to travel to hunt them, I did make my last trip out last week, I got into a couple decent bucks but they just didn’t excite me. One was a decent 4 point, the other a tall 3 point. I was within range of both of them but it just wasn’t right. If I have to talk myself into shooting something it isn’t worth it. I did see 2 big ones deep on a private ranch that’s leased for deer hunting but they weren’t coming off. The whitetail thing is just a massive failure in my part, I made some mistakes out if stubborness and then just dumb missing the one with the muzzleloader.

Overall 2022 was a hell of a year for me. Even though the elk hunt was short it was all I wanted out of it. I got to hunt elk with my mother in law, and sister in law as well. I got my wife out west to chase deer and was really excited for her. I met a few HT’ers, even got to hunt with a crazy one. I caught myself several times thinking about shooting a deer and had to ask myself if I was going to shoot because I thought it was right or because I wanted to complete my made up slam. I know a lot if you are to the point I am where it’s not about the killing, it’s about the hunt and filling a tag with the right critter. That doesn’t always mean the biggest, just the one that fits the bill. I hope all of you have a wonderful 2023, thanks for following along on my bumbling idiot thread and making it so much fun.

I think @FruitSnackFreak was right, I jinxed myself by shaving the crappy stache.

Sorry for the bitter disappointment, but I’m sure you all seen it coming. 🤣

MtnElk

The failure is real. I’ll most likely never live down having failed at completing a completely made up slam that wasn’t only made up but self made up. I’d like to preface my excuses by saying I don’t like making excuses……..

Nah, I didn’t fill the 2 tags that are the easiest to get. The mule deer was a little bit of a challenge just because I had to travel to hunt them, I did make my last trip out last week, I got into a couple decent bucks but they just didn’t excite me. One was a decent 4 point, the other a tall 3 point. I was within range of both of them but it just wasn’t right. If I have to talk myself into shooting something it isn’t worth it. I did see 2 big ones deep on a private ranch that’s leased for deer hunting but they weren’t coming off. The whitetail thing is just a massive failure in my part, I made some mistakes out if stubborness and then just dumb missing the one with the muzzleloader.

Overall 2022 was a hell of a year for me. Even though the elk hunt was short it was all I wanted out of it. I got to hunt elk with my mother in law, and sister in law as well. I got my wife out west to chase deer and was really excited for her. I met a few HT’ers, even got to hunt with a crazy one. I caught myself several times thinking about shooting a deer and had to ask myself if I was going to shoot because I thought it was right or because I wanted to complete my made up slam. I know a lot if you are to the point I am where it’s not about the killing, it’s about the hunt and filling a tag with the right critter. That doesn’t always mean the biggest, just the one that fits the bill. I hope all of you have a wonderful 2023, thanks for following along on my bumbling idiot thread and making it so much fun.

I think @FruitSnackFreak was right, I jinxed myself by shaving the crappy stache.

Sorry for the bitter disappointment, but I’m sure you all seen it coming. 🤣
So what you’re saying is that 2023 is the year of the Stocker Stache?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curhunter