Nebraska “slam” attempt

Stocker

The Devil’s Gun strikes! Congratulations! Have fun at the wedding!😂

I think after this fiasco I’m gonna send this Muzzeloader to hell where it belongs. 🤣

Thanks, I’ll start my celebratory drinking tomorrow after I get home and get the meat taken care of tonight. Maybe I’ll be in rare enough form my wife will just leave me home. 🤣

Last edited:

Gellar

I think after this fiasco I’m gonna send this Muzzeloader to hell where it belongs. 🤣

Thanks, I’ll start my celebratory drinking tomorrow after I get home and get the meat taken care of tonight. Maybe I’ll be in rate enough form my wife will just leave me home. 🤣
Good plan, I’ll look forward to reading your story in the divorce thread.

Stocker

Since you are discarding the muzzleloader in Iowa, I’ll take it.

I honestly don’t know why I have so much trouble with them. I shoot fine at a target, I dunno what falls apart hunting with them. I think it’s a confidence thing. I’ve got 3-4 rifles and my bow that I 100% trust I’ll make a shot with, I don’t feel bad with this muzzleloader, but I’m just not good with it.

Festus

I honestly don’t know why I have so much trouble with them. I shoot fine at a target, I dunno what falls apart hunting with them. I think it’s a confidence thing. I’ve got 3-4 rifles and my bow that I 100% trust I’ll make a shot with, I don’t feel bad with this muzzleloader, but I’m just not good with it.

Same. I think it's the nature of the beast. Muzzleloaders are the devil.

#keepyourpowderdry
#dontfizzleonme
#pieplateat30yardsgoodenough

Stocker

Somehow I missed this entire thread until today. Sad to see the mustache is gone, but congratulations on filling 2/5ths of the Nebraska slam (side note for @wllm and all others with real math skills, 2/5ths is the Nebraska equivalent of 0.50. Don't @ me bro, I'm just blending in!).

Wait, what’s the 5th? I was hoping there was only 4. 5 Is a dealbreaker. 🤣

nick87

After an hour of laying there I grew impatient and decided to crawl sideways to my left to gain a few feet of elevation, hopefully seeing more of him. I crawled about 50 yards close, I could see the back of his head now. 1 more crawl and he spun his head right to me. He wasn’t sure what I was, and he sat up enough I could see his body in the grass so I shot him right there. View attachment 241138
Is that your ramrod or are you just happy to see us??

Stocker

Is that your ramrod or are you just happy to see us??

It’s a replacement one I bought that’s about 2’ too long. I just haven’t cut it down yet. 🤣🤣

I think I lost the other one shaking that muzzleloader in frustration. Could’ve been 1 of several dozen times. 🤣