MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ND to home in MT

AFNeva

Hey all, I’m coming home on leave from the military for my last general deer hunting season. Looking to hunt eastern Montana public lands, had some good luck hunting there the first time ever last year and figured I’d set up camp this year, put in some miles and try some new country again. Not looking for no-tellems, but definitely want advice since I can’t get out and scout like I normally would. Heard pressure is bad there, also heard the deer are hiding on private more than ever... been using OnX but still nervous that I’ll be skunked. Going in blind! Anything helps since this’ll be my last year for a long while!

Welcome and thank you for your service. If you hunted there last year I would guess you know what to expect again this year. With the good luck you had I would suggest you return to that spot. You have a leg up on things as you already spent time hunting it.

Welcome and thank you for your service. If you hunted there last year I would guess you know what to expect again this year. With the good luck you had I would suggest you return to that spot. You have a leg up on things as you already spent time hunting it.
Trying not to return to the same land I went to last year although it is a plan Z, had some really inconsiderate hunters around the areas and even reported a poaching case within a 3 day hunt. When I say I got lucky, I mean it! Haha

Back