Nanny Problems - Oh Yeah, I’ve Got Them (a goat hunt)

RobertD

Man I kinda missed this one as it happened. Love the story man. Really entertaining. Congrats. Also kid pizza vs adult pizza cracked me up, and made me want pizza for lunch

Jape

Great story and congrats! Are you planning on a full body mount?

Jape

Just a shoulder mount, don’t really have the space for a full, and I hunted for a month this fall. Trying to talk the wife into the price of a full and the space it took up wasn’t worth it.

This is the form the taxidermist will be using. View attachment 202238
That will look great. My buddy did the same mount and I think it’s a great look.

Dsnow9

This is what I decided to do with mine. Still debating if I want it to come out from a flat wall, or a corner.
Nice! I knew if I did anything more than what I did I would want to go full mount, so I resisted. I’m excited to eventually get mine back! Getting the rest of the hide tanned to do something with!

Dsnow9

C775DE13-0237-4939-B643-8B8408859E9A.jpeg
Update on the hunting rig. This hunt claimed the skid plate and after getting the skid plate off realized that the water pump also bit the dust and was leaking. So the hunt cost a little more than I had originally planned.

Have been eating some of the goat though and it is great!

OverlordBear

Great hunt and awesome write up. Really liked all the photos of that country, you captured the steepness of that country really well. Congrats on that gnarly nanny.