My New Grocery Getter

First brand new rifle and first bolt action. Tikka T3 Lite SS in 30.06, Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40 with B&C reticle, DNZ Game Reaper low mount, Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad and paracord sling. Can't wait to get to the range!!

IMG_2277.jpgIMG_2278.jpg

Im running the same rig except mine is a superlite with a 4-14x40 CDS. I have had a DNZ mount on another T3 and it worked great also. I think you will be pleased. I was skeptical at first, but after stacking basically anything I fed it into sub MOA groups I was a believer. Mine really likes 165gr Federal Fusions and the Nosler Custom 165 Accubonds. It consistently stacks those into sub .5in groups. Basically put my reloader into hibernation the way it shoots factory ammo. Good luck!

Please keep us updated on how it shoots. I just bought the same gun, but the new T3x version. Recoil pad seems decent. Looking fwd to hearing how others think they compare to the Limbsaver brand pads, and what bullets work best. I have not purchased a scope yet, still saving $, but did buy some 150 and 165 bullets and brass to get some test loads started. Send me a PM if you want to compare notes on loads through the summer. Enjoy!!

Please keep us updated on how it shoots. I just bought the same gun, but the new T3x version. Recoil pad seems decent. Looking fwd to hearing how others think they compare to the Limbsaver brand pads, and what bullets work best. I have not purchased a scope yet, still saving $, but did buy some 150 and 165 bullets and brass to get some test loads started. Send me a PM if you want to compare notes on loads through the summer. Enjoy!!
The T3x must have just made it on the floor. My wife got me the rifle about 10 days ago and the T3x wasn't out. For another $80 bucks I can put in a steel recoil lug and metal bolt shroud. That with the improved recoil pad were the main differences between the T3 and T3x. If you don't mind me asking, what is msrp on the T3x? Haven't even shot it yet but will start with blue box Federals for the first 20 then start trying some different box ammo.

The T3x must have just made it on the floor. My wife got me the rifle about 10 days ago and the T3x wasn't out. For another $80 bucks I can put in a steel recoil lug and metal bolt shroud. That with the improved recoil pad were the main differences between the T3 and T3x. If you don't mind me asking, what is msrp on the T3x? Haven't even shot it yet but will start with blue box Federals for the first 20 then start trying some different box ammo.

Don't feel like you have to do anything as far as parts replacement on that rifle. I think the metal pieces are intriguing, but most likely offer little practical improvement. If the plastic stock ever bothers you, keep your eyes peeled for a sale on B&C Medalist stocks. I found one on a big sale a few years ago, and I really like the change in feel, but it didn't change the function whatsoever.

T3x ran me 699.99 . Scheels had several on the floor, but had just gotten them in the first week of May. They still had several T3 as well, and cheaper, but I don't recall the exact price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back