PEAX Equipment

My car caught on fire, and I put it out with a Lacroix

I’m wanting to make a smart Aleck comment about water on an electrical fire, Greentree, but I’m wondering if the co2 carbonation of the sparkling water comes into play?

Is that your grill for the house?
I’ve got a Weber original premium that’s been my daily driver for 5ish years.
I still use it for fancy things like ribs and deer meat, but that little charbroil portable is just so quick and convenient for everything else.
I need to get the adapter for a full size propane tank.
best $35 I ever spent.

So are we gonna get the full story?
were you in traffic?
Was it like backdraft when you opened the hood?
did you shake up the sparkling water first and then crack it open and spray the flames or just pour it on them?

I rode around in a truck, periodically stopping to get out in the 118 heat and tried to figure out accesses to a big project without messing up a bunch of farm fields. Now I’m drinking beer in a border town watching the courthouse burn to the ground.

It turns out it was not the courthouse, it was a building under construction next to the courthouse. It was a big fire though

So are we gonna get the full story?
were you in traffic?
Was it like backdraft when you opened the hood?
did you shake up the sparkling water first and then crack it open and spray the flames or just pour it on them?
Honestly, it’s on brand and not that exciting.

I was taking the three most unflappable women in the world to dinner, my mom, sister (from packraft hunt), and my wife. We were heading into the parking structure at the train station, there is a big speed bump, and I drive like Im in F&F, or as my wife says real f-in darty.

So we big jolt, the cardboard holding the battery in place popped out of place and the metal bar holding the battery in place made contact with the positive terminal.

Car stalled, and I coasted it into a parking spot:

Sister “Your cars smoking.”
Wife “ I think that’s fire 🔥
Me “ Oh shit is that battery acid on my tire”
Mom “You do need a new car”

We all get out of the car, I pop the hood as I exit and open it up. There is not an inconsequential size flame on the battery.

Context; flip flops, shorts, loose button down.

I casually poor our the remainder of my beverage on the fire and quench the flames.

We look at each other for a second, shrug, close the hood and head for the T.

That’s tomorrow me’s problem.

We had an awesome dinner.

This morning I surveyed the damage, guy at autozone was impressed but also not… at the state of the battery I brought in; I covered it news paper and then cling wrapped it like a euro mount covered in developer.

He called everyone over to see what the dumbass brought in…

They didn’t have the OEM cables to replace the ones that burned up. The plastic housing burned. I had to cut the old ones put them in a new terminal hub, and cover them with electrical tape. That got me home, I need to buy OEM ones at some point.

EF1B401D-EBF5-4C12-8B05-5F69F825CEA0.jpeg57579D67-F1D9-433E-BF24-EE3FED8815B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly, it’s on brand and not that exciting.

I was taking the three most unflappable women in the world to dinner, my mom, sister (from packraft hunt, and my wife. We were heading into the parking structure at the train station, there is a big speed bump, and I drive like Im in F&F, or as my wife says real f-in darty.

So we big jolt, the cardboard holding the battery in place popped out of place and the metal bar holding the battery in place made contact with the positive terminal.

Car stalled, and I coasted it into a parking spot:

Sister “Your cars smoking.”
Wife “ I think that’s fire 🔥
Me “ Oh shit is that battery acid on my tire”
Mom “You do need a new car”

We all get out of the car, I pop the hood as I exit and open it up. There is not an inconsequential size flame on the battery.

Context; flip flops, shorts, loose button down.

I casually poor our the remainder of my beverage on the fire and quench the flames.

We look at each other for a second, shrug, close the hood and head for the T.

That’s tomorrow me’s problem.

We had an awesome dinner.

This morning I surveyed the damage, guy at autozone was impressed but also not… at the state of the battery I brought in; I covered it news paper and then cling wrapped it like a euro mount covered in developer.

He called everyone over to see what the dumbass brought in…

They didn’t have the OEM cables to replace the ones that burned up. The plastic housing burned. I had to cut the old ones put them in a new terminal hub, and cover them with electrical tape. That got me home, I need to buy OEM ones at some point.

View attachment 186186View attachment 186187
A goat pack out says you haven’t replaced the cables with the oem ones by hunting season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back