My Awesome Howa/Legacy Sports experience

Melman

I couldn't wait to share this with all of you because I was so impressed. Long story short. Last year I bought a Howa Alpine Mountain rifle and shared my first impressions of the rifle on the forum and they were almost all positive.
The rifle I bought was apparently one of the first ones to leave the factory, it had bottom metal that wasn't cerakoted so I email Matt from Legacy Sports and he immediately sent me the newer cerakoted version and a free hat. I was very pleased. After a season of hunting with the drop box magazine and not caring for it, I wanted to switch to the hinged floor plate that Matt provided. It would not work with my stock at all. I couldn't open or close it. So I contacted Legacy Sports, they told me to send the rifle in so their gunsmith could fit it properly. I wasn't super happy about taking my scope off but I sent it in with the free shipping label provided by Legacy. Here is the impressive part. The rifle arrived at Legacy Sports on 4/17 at 0850. It left their shop on 4/17 at 3:50pm. when I saw this on the FedEx tracking, I was sure it was somehow just returned to sender without even being looked at. that was wrong to assume. The rifle was fixed in less than 8 hours. They replaced the stock with a new better version, they also swapped out better longer action screws, and test fired it before boxing it up and sending back.

This is the first time I've ever sent a rifle back for repairs to any manufacturer, but I've heard enough stories to know that this is not the norm. This is my first Howa and it will not be my last with this kind of quality customer service. Not to mention the rifle is awesome.

Thanks to Legacy Sports for making a customer very happy on multiple occasions.

I couldn't wait to share this with all of you because I was so impressed. Long story short. Last year I bought a Howa Alpine Mountain rifle and shared my first impressions of the rifle on the forum and they were almost all positive.
The rifle I bought was apparently one of the first ones to leave the factory, it had bottom metal that wasn't cerakoted so I email Matt from Legacy Sports and he immediately sent me the newer cerakoted version and a free hat. I was very pleased. After a season of hunting with the drop box magazine and not caring for it, I wanted to switch to the hinged floor plate that Matt provided. It would not work with my stock at all. I couldn't open or close it. So I contacted Legacy Sports, they told me to send the rifle in so their gunsmith could fit it properly. I wasn't super happy about taking my scope off but I sent it in with the free shipping label provided by Legacy. Here is the impressive part. The rifle arrived at Legacy Sports on 4/17 at 0850. It left their shop on 4/17 at 3:50pm. when I saw this on the FedEx tracking, I was sure it was somehow just returned to sender without even being looked at. that was wrong to assume. The rifle was fixed in less than 8 hours. They replaced the stock with a new better version, they also swapped out better longer action screws, and test fired it before boxing it up and sending back.

This is the first time I've ever sent a rifle back for repairs to any manufacturer, but I've heard enough stories to know that this is not the norm. This is my first Howa and it will not be my last with this kind of quality customer service. Not to mention the rifle is awesome.

Thanks to Legacy Sports for making a customer very happy on multiple occasions.

Thanks for the kind words!
happy shooting!

Cool story. I'm in sales and it's refreshing to see Reps who care, are empowered to make decisions, and have a customer service dept who will back them up. Kudos.

Was looking at a Tikka .270 ... I may have to look at a Howa now. Same expected accuracy out of the box?

Thanks

Was looking at a Tikka .270 ... I may have to look at a Howa now. Same expected accuracy out of the box?

Thanks

I would say they are very similar in accuracy from all that I've heard and testimonials I've read. I don't own a Tikka and chose the Howa Alpine over the Tikka for a few reasons. I know the Tikka's are knows for accuracy. My Howa is plenty accurate. sub .5" MOA with 150g Hornady SST. 1" with 180g Federal Trophy bonded tips. those groups were shot off only a so so shooting table. I'm very happy with the accuracy. the barrel does heat up pretty quick, but it didn't seem to bother my rifle too much. Once I get some time to re-mount my scope I'll share the groups on the forum. I plan to shoot off of a concrete bench this time.

I'm considering picking up one of the new Minis in 6.5 grendal for coyotes. With that kind of customer service it makes it easier to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Cool story. I'm in sales and it's refreshing to see Reps who care, are empowered to make decisions, and have a customer service dept who will back them up. Kudos.

I am also in sales and agree Stu 110%. When a company does not empower their employees to make things right for a customer right now, business eventually suffers. I am a diehard Winchester model 70 guy ( pre 64's mostly) but I have looked hard at the Howa in a 223 or 6.5 for my girls to cut their teeth on. Who am I kidding, I want one.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back