MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Any of them dink bulls on OTC tags, if so I’ll follow you around and kill the ones too small for you

No. Not really into elk hunting anymore. But I've shot all my bulls out of unit 9 in AZ. The unit isn't nearly as good as it once was. All units in AZ you can shoot 300" bulls. Most units have 350"+ plus bulls. Just harder to get a tag than most places.

Guys,
Im the guy in question that shot the ram in Unit 500 this year. I appreciate all the feedback, and wrestled with shooting the ram (I know, I know I should have taken better pictures), but it came down to I had told myself for several years that I would shoot any legal ram in that unit. Thats what I did. I spent more than 40 days cumulatively during the seasons scouting and hunting sheep in Unit 500 and I can say that this was the first legal ram I saw. The unit cost me a reconstructive knee surgery in 2019 (tore my ACL, MCL, meniscus, and quad). Had to hike out a long ways with a knee that wasnt working. At that point the hunt became personal to me, and that is when I agreed that is what I would do.

I do understand the merits of shooting older rams. I get it. I have done that successfully elsewhere. That being said, I was made aware of some of the negative comments by a buddy on Rokslide and wanted to make myself available to address any concerns and offer my reasons for MY decision to shoot this ram.

Thanks
Congrats on the ram! It sounds like you put your time in.

@Gerald Martin

View attachment 195265

About all I do is puke or get hurt anyways.....
Hey it’s you guys who will have to deal with increased competition from too much information sharing. I don’t have a lot of skin in the game.

Although, I do feel a sense of motivation to pick up an unlimited tag when I see pics of rams…

You guys need to post more pics of fresh grizzly tracks in the trail. Or, share more stories of being woken up by a grizzly coming into camp at 5 a.m. like happened to us last week. (Truth)

My hunting partner yelling “Get out of here bear!”, scared off the bear and woke me up right in the middle of an incredibly weird dream I was having about having to fly back to NYC to meet with work clients to remodel the sewer system of New York City ( also true)
I was happy the bear left and the dream was interrupted.😳😵‍💫🤣

Hey it’s you guys who will have to deal with increased competition from too much information sharing. I don’t have a lot of skin in the game.

Although, I do feel a sense of motivation to pick up an unlimited tag when I see pics of rams…

You guys need to post more pics of fresh grizzly tracks in the trail. Or, share more stories of being woken up by a grizzly coming into camp at 5 a.m. like happened to us last week. (Truth)

My hunting partner yelling “Get out of here bear!”, scared off the bear and woke me up right in the middle of an incredibly weird dream I was having about having to fly back to NYC to meet with work clients to remodel the sewer system of New York City ( also true)
I was happy the bear left and the dream was interrupted.😳😵‍💫🤣
I'll try harder next time.

I'll try harder next time.
giphy.gif

Back